imagematernal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22575 Posts in 6656 Topics- by 10444 Members - Latest Member: bamarosafar

22-04-2018 16:10:40
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 1.5 MVCInstallation / UpdateShows Detailed image instead of Original image when click
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Shows Detailed image instead of Original image when click  (Read 6325 times)
Ansolon

View Profile
« on: 04-05-2009 00:18:16 »

Hi, After Joomla update to 1.5.0 I saw that when we click to a detail image which is smaller from original, slimbox opens same detailed image instead of original which are bigger in size. I checked the configuration but it doesnt seem something is wrong. I also check original image download link and saw that it is downloading original and there is no problem at this side.

Can you tell me how can I correct it thanks
---------------

Ok I saw that it is minimizing the opening images with java, I disable that option in Frontendsettings->Popupfuctions and it is normal now.

« Last Edit: 04-05-2009 00:25:09 by Ansolon » Logged
mhrde-boy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20-06-2011 00:35:50 »

Ok I saw that it is minimizing the opening images with java, I disable that option in Frontendsettings->Popupfuctions and it is normal now.

thanks man, this was my problem too!
johno

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18-08-2011 01:22:16 »

I have a similar issue, but I don't think it has the same root.

I am using JoomImages to display some random images on the front page: they open the original image in a DHTML container (so I can show their captions).  They work correctly.  The same images, inserted into an article using JoomBu, with JoomPlu set to use the original image in a DHTML container, actually display the detail image.

I've tried all sorts of combinations of settings, and I can't find where I've gone wrong. 

I do notice that the JoomImages version of the DHTML container has an "X" as the close symbol, whilst the JoomPlu one has the word "close": is that significant?

Any suggestions gratefully received - tomorrow, because I've had enough tonight, and I'm going to bed!

Johno
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18-08-2011 15:37:03 »

Hi,

which version of the gallery and the plugins do you have installed?

Could you please post a link to one of these articles on your site?

Regards
Chraneco
johno

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21-08-2011 23:14:54 »

Thanks for the response

I can't post a link, since the site isn't live, but in development on my own machine

The versions installed are:

JoomGallery 1.5.7.3
JoomImages 1.5.7.3
JoomBu 1.5beta4
JoomPlu 1.5beta6

The control panel page says that JoomGallery and its extensions are up to date

I've tried all the combinations of settings I can think of, and they all produce the expected results.  Even the problem items produce the correct effect if I set JoomImages to open the detail view, as both article and random image thumbnails then open the detail view.  

See attached screenshots for my JoomImage settings

When I set JoomImages to open the original, then the Random Images thumbnails open the original, but categories inserted as mini galleries in articles open the detail view.

Any suggestions?

Johno

« Last Edit: 21-08-2011 23:47:36 by johno » Logged
johno

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-10-2011 22:00:25 »

This site is now live.  Here's an example page that exhibits the problem behaviour

I notice that the hyperlinks in the page explicitly specify the picture size as 600 x 449, so it seems the page building code is at fault somewhere - unless someone can point out an error in my settings, shown in the previous post

[update] I have also realised that if I insert a single image, rather than a gallery/category, then the pop-up image size is the original, as expected, not the Detail size I get if I insert a gallery[/update]

Any suggestions gratefully received

« Last Edit: 09-10-2011 23:56:06 by johno » Logged
johno

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16-12-2011 01:55:52 »

Can anyone help with this issue?

If no-one can tell me what's gone wrong, perhaps someone can suggest a workaround?

I really want the DHTML container to show the original image, rather than the detail view.

I've tried all the settings combinations I can think of, turning things on and off in varying combinations, without success - thumbnails inserted on the front page by JoomImages open as the original, but thumbnails inserted in content by JoomBu/JoomPlu open the detail view.

I'll try anything anyone cares to suggest...
johno

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18-12-2011 11:57:34 »

Still wrestling with this.

Since inserting single images with JoomBu/JoomPlu works correctly, the issue is clearly with the code that interprets the joomplucat function used to insert a whole category

Can anyone point to where that lives in the code files?

I realise that there are some extra parameters that can be applied to the joomplucat function - notably type=orig, or type=thumb - are there any that can be used to specify the size of the linked image?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Johno
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18-12-2011 13:50:12 »

Hi,

maybe this hack works:
Please open file 'components/com_joomgallery/interface.php' and replace line 812

Code
$return .= '  '.$this->displayThumb($row, true, null, 'jg_imgalign_catimgs');

with the following one:

Code
$return .= '  '.$this->displayThumb($row, true, null, 'jg_imgalign_catimgs', null, 'orig');

Regards
Chraneco
johno

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 18-12-2011 17:12:13 »

That worked - thanks very much! 

I was not looking forward to having to insert every image in my categories individually to get them the right size!

I take it that the tweak will get overwritten the next time JoomGallery is updated?

Thanks again for your help and support: I'm now off to apply the update to another of my sites

Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 18-12-2011 21:56:49 »

Hi,

thanks for your feedback!

Most probably this change will not be included in JoomGallery 1.5.7.x anymore, but I will try to implement it in JoomGallery 2 (if it's possible without having to hardcode it).

Regards
Chraneco
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 389 access attempts in the last 7 days.