Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22735 Posts in 6699 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

21-08-2019 06:22:12
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchivePonyGallery MLFrontendVoting - 1 per ip address (user)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Voting - 1 per ip address (user)  (Read 8827 times)
denzel2364

View Profile WWW
« on: 03-09-2008 21:38:48 »

Hi there,

I was wondering if its possible to have people cast only vote per computer. As the current state, is you can cast unlimited amounts

Regards
mab
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 11-09-2008 09:41:16 »

Hi denzel2364,

if it's allowed to vote for unregistered users than there's no limitation. That's why we made the option that only registered users may vote.

with best regards...
mab
benblee

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-09-2008 20:42:15 »

So if voting is set to only be allowed for registered users, only one vote per picture is allowed per each registered user?  This would be great if that's the case.
benblee

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-09-2008 08:51:15 »

Looks like this is the case after I downloaded and installed the component!

Good stuff!  Can't have people overloading the votes, otherwise there is no reason to have the voting in the first place.
solaris

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01-11-2009 18:40:10 »

To my mind voting once for only registered users is an obvious and serious drawback of this great gallery.
Many other galleries has the ability to vote once for unregistered users as a default option.
So, I wonder why it is not implemented in JoomGallery. Only one visitor from 1000 will be willing to register in order to vote for a particular image. Other 999 will just give up voting even if they like the image.
Did you see anywhere voting in articles for registered users only? It is nonsense. The same can be concluded for image voting as well.
keybus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06-01-2010 15:24:19 »

I am having an issue where my users are deleting their cookies and voting multiple times for a user. Is there any workaround for this?

I would like to not resort to banning IP addresses (not sure to discover who is doing it, and multiple users can have the same IP)
aHa
Developer-Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 09-01-2010 11:54:42 »

@solaris: Please show me one gallery which prohibits multiple votes from unregistered user deleting their session cookies. Thank you
@keybus: Yes, it could be possible to track the IP. But not a perfect solution when coming from an anon proxy.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 6162 access attempts in the last 7 days.