maternal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22747 Posts in 6705 Topics- by 17591 Members - Latest Member: permsk

26-02-2020 03:42:54
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 1.5 MVCFrontendMake top of gallery look better?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Make top of gallery look better?  (Read 2654 times)
iParentWaco

View Profile
« on: 10-11-2008 22:48:20 »

What can I do (that isn't too incredibly hard) to make the top part of this look better.  There's just so much white space and it's not really clear what people need to do....what the user panel and user galleries are.  And how can I make that "usergalleries" into 2 seperate words and capped?

THANKS!!
akerman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 13-11-2008 10:20:18 »

Hi,

in order to sucessfully dress the gallery with the layout you want or wish for, you have to have the following in place:

Knowledge:
1. How to work CSS (at least some basic understanding of how to set different styles and how address them)
2. How to work PHP (at least basic understanding of how <DIV> <table> and 'functions' work
3. How the Extension/Component is structured (which PHP file calls for what and where.)
4. How to use Firebug and Web Development tools in FF. (at least at some basic level)

Work procedure:
1. Switch everything on (all parameters in the Extension/Component)
   This way you can decide what to keep and what to toss. It also gives you an oppurtunity to understand the developers view on
   where things are supposed to go. (Like Category selectable items stays on top near Category heading, not at the bottom)
2. Use the CSS files available in the Component
   Here you have a couple of options. (Alter existing CSS, Use the local.CSS files as stated in the documentation,
   Or concatenate all the seperate CSS into the local.CSS in order to have just one file.) Your choice.
3. Simultaneously, look at all <DIV> <table> <ul> <ol> and their 'children' what can you move without breaking the logic?
   You have to open up the different PHP files (like viewcategory.html.php for the Category view, like
   joomgallery.php for general stuff and so on) 

Maybe you have a good grip on this already and that's good, because then you know where to start.
But if you don't, then don't worry. Just make a backup first and then follow the steps as outlined above.

Remember, this will of course take some time. But we all have to do these things, if we don't have the money to spend on a professional programmer. And it is not that hard to learn the basic. The hard part is to make major changes/logic and to understand how to handle IE7.

Hope it helped a bit anyway.
Good luck!

Regards
Akerman

http://www.AkermansCove.com - CMS Addons! & Royalty Free Images
http://www.InfoClip.se - Swedish site for Practical knowledge.
Ubuntu LAMP / Joomla 1.5.8 / VM 1.1.2 Stable / JoomFish / Mosets Tree
/ Joomsuite / Phoca / JoomGallery / eTensity x 3 / SoG x 2
iParentWaco

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13-11-2008 13:33:22 »

Thanks, Akerman.
I tweaked a few things and it's at least better now until I have a better grasp of the CSS stuff and the time to fiddle with it.
I took off the search for now....until I get a lot of pictures and need it.  LOL
I am not showing the "Gallery" title.
I changed "usergalleries" to "User Galleries" in the language file.

It's better for now.
Thank you for taking the time to answer.  =)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 2751 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal