maternal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22734 Posts in 6698 Topics- by 17594 Members - Latest Member: permsk

23-07-2019 05:58:32
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 1.5 MVCBackend / AdministrationJoomgallery backend doesn't save configuration settings
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Author Topic: Joomgallery backend doesn't save configuration settings  (Read 36759 times)
Forgiss

View Profile
« on: 07-10-2008 23:40:51 »

Hi admins...

This seems to be a great ap and can be adjusted on so many levels!

Unfortunately, as soon as I try and update a setting on the configuration area, nothing is saved.

I go to Joomgallery, Configuration Manager

Make a change

Click on Save (top Left)

and then the page re-directs to the Joomla 1.5 control panel without saving the changes... what am I doing wrong?

Thanx for the help!!

Regards

Sean
Hypnotoad
Developer-Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 08-10-2008 00:29:58 »

Is there an error message or similar appearing on the page after trying to save? They are quite easy to miss in the Joomla backend.

A possible reason could be that the configuration file at administrator/components/com_joomgallery/joomgallery.config.php, or the settings CSS file at components/com_joomgallery/assets/css/joom_settings.css is not writable.

Sorry, no support via PM (unless I asked you for some details). Just post in the forum, maybe someone else has the same problem or already a solution available.

jAwards - a component for user awards in Joomla
Forgiss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-10-2008 00:32:23 »

No error messages that I can find... It just re-directs to the Joomla main control panel

I checked and both are writable... as far as I can tell
Forgiss

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-10-2008 00:58:54 »

I can Edit CSS... no problems there...

Just can't save the configuration of the joomgallery
Hypnotoad
Developer-Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 08-10-2008 09:23:32 »

Could you enable error reporting in the Joomla config to the max value? Maybe there's a PHP error that's not displayed. Otherwise, please check the permissions of this file:
components/com_joomgallery/assets/css/joom_settings.css

That's not the same as editing the CSS in the backend menu. Editing the CSS will create a CSS customization. joom_settings.css is a completely different file, that should be written only by the JG config (e.g. to adjust the number of columns to display).

Edit: moved to JG forum, as this is obviously not PonyGallery.

Sorry, no support via PM (unless I asked you for some details). Just post in the forum, maybe someone else has the same problem or already a solution available.

Forgiss

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-10-2008 09:40:12 »

Apollogies for the wrong location, I thought the upgrade included a namechange... My ignorance... sorry...

I set the config file to 777 in an effort to see if I can get it to save changes, but still nothing. It's like there is a gateway file missing (something that causes the write change) and then the backend reverts to the install page.

I have re-installed Joomgallery, but still no luck.

In the folder /com_joomgallery/assets/css/joom_settings.css - I have set the permissions to 777.... what should it be? (it was 644)

(edit for being idiot...)
« Last Edit: 08-10-2008 09:49:21 by Forgiss » Logged
johnnymac

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14-10-2008 07:07:02 »

Hi, I have just installed on Joomla 1.0 and am getting the same issue.
Once i click on the save button it takes me straight back to the Main Cpanel page.

any help would be appreciated as it looks like a good gallery tool.

cheers
Hypnotoad
Developer-Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 14-10-2008 08:39:38 »

Could you try to set Error Reporting to maximum in the Joomla Site Configuration? Maybe there are PHP errors displayed when editing or saving the config.

Forgiss

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14-10-2008 12:51:04 »

Could you try to set Error Reporting to maximum in the Joomla Site Configuration? Maybe there are PHP errors displayed when editing or saving the config.

Exactly How would you do that?

I switched on debug in the Joomla 1.5 system config, and then get the complete step by step code, but can't find any relevant "errors" there... is there somewhere else I can look?
Hypnotoad
Developer-Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 14-10-2008 20:27:23 »

Site > Global Config > Server > Error Reporting: Maximum

Forgiss

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 14-10-2008 20:49:49 »

Site > Global Config > Server > Error Reporting: Maximum

Did that, But still not getting any error messages, the site just directly re-directs through to the joomla config menu...

I also did the 777 on both files and  the directory... very confused about why some people are getting stuck here and some not...

Is there any Data I can send you to help resolve this issue for future releases?
davy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 15-10-2008 20:58:36 »

I'm having the same issue. Can't save changes to configuration manager. Joomla 1.5.7, mod_legacy enabled, PHP 4.4.8, Apache 1.3. Any one found a solution yet. I'm sure it is something simple. Thanks.
davy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15-10-2008 21:08:32 »

Nevermind. I got it fixed by setting permissions to 777 on /components/com_joomgallery/assets/css/joom_settings.css

Thanks.
Forgiss

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15-10-2008 21:51:11 »

Nevermind. I got it fixed by setting permissions to 777 on /components/com_joomgallery/assets/css/joom_settings.css

Shocked

oh so confused... why does this work for some and not for all....!?!?
John

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 03-11-2008 20:04:37 »

I have the same problem. setting permissions to 777 on /components/com_joomgallery/assets/css/joom_settings.css  doesnt solve the problem.  I even tried to set permission 777 to whole /components/com_joomgallery directory and still have the problem.

Anyone have any idea ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 7176 access attempts in the last 7 days.