maternal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22735 Posts in 6699 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

24-08-2019 03:18:12
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchivePonyGallery MLBackend / AdministrationQuestions on Arranging Catagoeries
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Questions on Arranging Catagoeries  (Read 7776 times)
abhi8404

View Profile
« on: 04-02-2010 23:09:24 »

Hello,

i have couple of questions

1) I want to use Latest Categories Mod more than once by giving category ID. How can it be done ?

2) I want a small view more link at the bottom of Latest Categories Mod. How can I do that ?

Erftralle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 05-02-2010 10:43:18 »

Hi,

1) I want to use Latest Categories Mod more than once by giving category ID. How can it be done ?

You can copy the module as often as you want in Joomla's back end configuration. Use the "Copy" button in the module manager.
You can parameterize each module individually.

What do you mean exactly with "...by giving category ID"?

2) I want a small view more link at the bottom of Latest Categories Mod. How can I do that ?

What do you want to achieve with such a link?

Regards
Erftralle
abhi8404

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-02-2010 03:48:14 »

Hi,

You can copy the module as often as you want in Joomla's back end configuration. Use the "Copy" button in the module manager.
You can parameterize each module individually.

What do you mean exactly with "...by giving category ID"?

What do you want to achieve with such a link?

Regards
Erftralle

Actually this is the wrong section to post these questions. Can u guys please move this thread to here http://www.forum.en.joomgallery.net/index.php?board=38.0.

I'm using Joom Gallery and my categories are in this way.

(Wallpapers) Cat1>>
                 >>SubCat1
                 >>SubCat2
                 >>SubCat3
                 >>SubCat4
                 >>SubCat5

(Actress) Cat2>>
                 >>SubCat1
                 >>SubCat2
                 >>SubCat3
                 >>SubCat4
                 >>SubCat5

(Actors) Cat3>>
                 >>SubCat1
                 >>SubCat2
                 >>SubCat3
                 >>SubCat4
                 >>SubCat5

I want to add a new parameter called "Category ID" in the backend of Latest Categories Module. So that I can use this module more than once by giving category IDs of different categories and it should display thumbnails ( only one ) from their subcategories.

View More link at the bottom of this module should redirect to the category in which these subcategories are placed.

I hope I have explained in detail and expecting a positive reply from you.

Thank You.
Erftralle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-02-2010 09:36:33 »

I want to add a new parameter called "Category ID" in the backend of Latest Categories Module. So that I can use this module more than once by giving category IDs of different categories and it should display thumbnails ( only one ) from their subcategories.

Please have a look at this thread.

View More link at the bottom of this module should redirect to the category in which these subcategories are placed.

Please enable the category title and the link on the category title in the module's backend configuration.
The link will redirect to the JoomGallery's category view.

Regards
Erftralle
abhi8404

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-02-2010 14:11:38 »

Please enable the category title and the link on the category title in the module's backend configuration.
The link will redirect to the JoomGallery's category view.

Regards
Erftralle

I enabled this and it will redirect to the category view of each of these subcategories. What I need is I want a new link at the bottom of this module which should redirect to the category in which all these subcategories are placed.

For example see here http://www.gulte.com/, on that page, you can see Latest Photo Gallery Module in the center and you have a "View More Galleries" link on right side of the module title. When you click on this title, you'll be redirected to the Category called "Photo Gallery". I hope you understand well with this link.
Erftralle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-02-2010 17:48:37 »

Ok, assuming you have applied the changes discussed in this thread you could do the following.

Insert
Code
  <?php
   // add a view more link to the bottom of the module (link to JoomGallery's category view with catid=rootcat)
   $rootcat = $jgcat_obj->getConfig('rootcat');
   if($rootcat == 0)
   {
     $link = JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_joomgallery'.$jgcat_obj->getJoomId().'&func=viewgallery');
   }
   else
   {
     $link = JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_joomgallery'.$jgcat_obj->getJoomId().'&func=viewcategory&catid='.$rootcat);
   }
   // view more link style
   $css = ".".$csstag."vml {\n"
        ."padding:0.5em 0.5em 0em 0.5em;\n"
        . "text-align:right"
        ."}\n";
   $doc = &JFactory::getDocument();
   $doc->addStyleDeclaration($css);
 ?>
 <div class="<?php echo $csstag.'vml'; ?>">
   <a href="<?php echo $link; ?>">View more ...</a>
 </div>

just before this line
Code
  <!-- close jglatestcat main div -->

in the file mod_jglatestcat/tmpl/default.php.

Regards
Erftralle
abhi8404

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09-02-2010 02:05:33 »

Ok, assuming you have applied the changes discussed in this thread you could do the following.

Insert
Code
  <?php
   // add a view more link to the bottom of the module (link to JoomGallery's category view with catid=rootcat)
   $rootcat = $jgcat_obj->getConfig('rootcat');
   if($rootcat == 0)
   {
     $link = JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_joomgallery'.$jgcat_obj->getJoomId().'&func=viewgallery');
   }
   else
   {
     $link = JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_joomgallery'.$jgcat_obj->getJoomId().'&func=viewcategory&catid='.$rootcat);
   }
   // view more link style
   $css = ".".$csstag."vml {\n"
        ."padding:0.5em 0.5em 0em 0.5em;\n"
        . "text-align:right"
        ."}\n";
   $doc = &JFactory::getDocument();
   $doc->addStyleDeclaration($css);
 ?>
 <div class="<?php echo $csstag.'vml'; ?>">
   <a href="<?php echo $link; ?>">View more ...</a>
 </div>

just before this line
Code

in the file mod_jglatestcat/tmpl/default.php.

Regards
Erftralle

thanks dude, I tried it but I'm getting this error when I open my site.

When I copied the entire code
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/site/public_html/modules/mod_jglatestcat/tmpl/default.php on line 26

When I copiend from  // view more link style
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/site/public_html/modules/mod_jglatestcat/tmpl/default.php on line 14
« Last Edit: 09-02-2010 05:22:55 by abhi8404 » Logged
Erftralle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09-02-2010 08:30:31 »

I checked it again and it's working fine on my installation.

Perhaps you made a mistake while copying and inserting the code.

Please post your changed mod_jglatestcat/tmpl/default.php as attachment of your next post.

Regards
Erftralle
abhi8404

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09-02-2010 12:46:46 »

I checked it again and it's working fine on my installation.

Perhaps you made a mistake while copying and inserting the code.

Please post your changed mod_jglatestcat/tmpl/default.php as attachment of your next post.

Regards
Erftralle

Sorry dude, first I used space (new lines) in between begining and ending of these lines in the following way.

First Default Scrit

View More Code

It gave me those errors and later I tried to paste the code just before  <!-- close jglatestcat main div --> without any blank lines before that. It worked well. Thanks alot.

Now is it possible to put this "View More" field at the backend parameter so that I can put it as "View More Galleries" for latest galleries module, "View More Actress" for latest actress module, "View More Wallpapers" for latest wallpapers module and so on.

Erftralle

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09-02-2010 17:18:33 »

Now is it possible to put this "View More" field at the backend parameter so that I can put it as "View More Galleries" for latest galleries module, "View More Actress" for latest actress module, "View More Wallpapers" for latest wallpapers module and so on.

Almost anything is possible. But I think a "View more ..." link is sufficient.

Regards
Erftralle
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 6828 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal