Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22728 Posts in 6695 Topics- by 17594 Members - Latest Member: permsk

21-05-2019 11:51:42
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 1.5 MVCJoomGallery MVC ALPHAFOUND: Cause of images not displaying in slideshow (now just need solution!!)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: FOUND: Cause of images not displaying in slideshow (now just need solution!!)  (Read 4079 times)
karban

View Profile WWW
« on: 31-08-2010 03:44:20 »

Hello,

After much troubleshooting I've found the cause of the images not displaying in the details view / slideshow that I and others are having since upgrading to the new version(s) - it is due to Joomla's (core) SEF URLs option being enabled.......

After disabling the core SEF feature the slideshow images display perfectly.

Unfortunately I cannot leave the site with the SEF URLs off, so whilst it is good to find the cause I now need a solution..... any ideas? (....I guess it will require waiting for an update etc but if there is a quick fix / hack in the meantime it would be great). I'm also having problems with all our data being deleted upon updates with these latest version, so I'm hoping that someone can find the problem for that problem as we are hesitant to re-do the gallery completely until the matter is fixed (we lose all the configurations too, so double-whammy).

BTW, Whilst I think of it, I'd like to suggest that the default configuration settings are "tightened up" as I noticed they are all W-I-D-E O-P-E-N by default (....and newbies may not know how to secure things, or what they mean or do etc, so I think it's much better to have things disabled by default......ie: such as allowing links to images to be posted in forums, the creation of new folders by users, etc etc).

Thanks, & I hope the troubleshooting information helps.

Regards, Karen

Joomla version 1.5.20
JoomGalllery latest (v1.5.5.2)
« Last Edit: 31-08-2010 06:02:22 by karban » Logged

http://www.business-in-site.com
Business-In-Site.com - the place for all your online business, marketing & start-up requirements. Features include: Web Directory, Affiliate Directory, Blog, Downloads directory, Videos, Tutorials & much more.
karban

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: 31-08-2010 06:01:34 »

Phew -  Finally! - I've  found a solution to this problem & have posted it in the correct category ("Solved topics, JoomGallery MVC") see - http://www.forum.en.joomgallery.net/index.php?topic=3252.0

http://www.business-in-site.com
Business-In-Site.com - the place for all your online business, marketing & start-up requirements. Features include: Web Directory, Affiliate Directory, Blog, Downloads directory, Videos, Tutorials & much more.
jimie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 31-08-2010 14:51:17 »

This dosn`t fix my problem Sad(
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 5246 access attempts in the last 7 days.