maternal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22674 Posts in 6680 Topics- by 17596 Members - Latest Member: permsk

17-12-2018 19:18:44
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 1.5 MVC - ExtensionsAddonsIntegration with JomSocial Activity Stream and User Points
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Integration with JomSocial Activity Stream and User Points  (Read 20415 times)
likemandrake

View Profile
« on: 08-02-2011 16:30:10 »

Hello,

I made plugin for JoomGallery, which integrates JomSocial (currently Activity Stream and User Points). This is first alpha version of my plugin, but currently is usable. This plugin can add messages (with content) to Activity Stream and assign User Points when an image is upload, image is commented or evaluated (rated? voted?) and when user adds an image to his favorites. Of course this is configurable.

For next alpha release I planned implement support for unpublished/unapproved images and comments (currently it is not checked). I also planned create JomSocial Application to pretty format content registered by above plugin in Activity Stream. Later in the application will be implemented "Latest added images" with possibility to display all images of given user.

To install, copy file jomsocial_rule.xml to components/com_joomgallery and go to JomSocial configuration -> User Points and click "Rule Scan". Should add 4 new types of User Points. Next install plugin, configure it and publish.

This is prerelease version of JoomGallery plugin, You shouldn't install on public site. Please, test it and report bugs and suggestions.

Kind Regards
Piotr Minkina
likemandrake

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 15-02-2011 23:58:24 »

Hello, I uploaded updated version of my plugins...

* Updated jomsocial_rule.xml - added new rules (delete image, delete comment)
* Updated JoomGallery plugin (many changes to works with JomSocial application)
* Added JomSocial application to pretty format JoomGallery activities and removes obsolete activities (after delete comment or image)
* Added support for unpublished/unapproved images or comments (inside JomSocial application)

Should work fine with public sites, but not guarantee...

Best Regards
Piotr Minkina
dave_logic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23-02-2011 22:32:15 »

Nice work !!!
gunawansy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-03-2011 20:34:47 »

thank you.... works perfect except user points. Jomsocial 2.06, JoomGallery 1.5.6.3.
likemandrake

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23-03-2011 02:00:26 »

Hello,

Known problems:
* stylesheet in user activity is not loading properly (when JoomGallery activity is not visible after page load, but when click on MORE)
* link to category is not updated when image category is changed

I will fix it for some time.

thank you.... works perfect except user points. Jomsocial 2.06, JoomGallery 1.5.6.3.

Could you tell me what exactly is not working? Whether jomsocial_rule.xml was copied to components/com_joomgallery/ and refreshed rules in JomSocial Control Panel?

Best Regards
Piotr Minkina
bizute

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-04-2011 00:20:05 »

I created an account just to access this, have been looking for this functionality forever, jomsocial integration for joomgallery should really be key for the dev team, CB is becoming increasingly obsolete, jomsocial is definitely the way forward!

I will be checking here regularly, thank you you utterly fantastic person! Will let you know my findings.
bizute

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04-04-2011 11:28:30 »

Sadly this plugin does not work Sad

Copied the xml and ran the rule refresh, rules were added, although the first time I ran the refresh it froze my joomla install.

So far so good.

Install the plugin and all seems fine, everything still working, however any attempt to add a favourite, rate or comment results in a 500 error.

So sad as had such high hopes for this plugin, my email is vosight@gmail.com if you make any updates but will still check back on this thread.
bizute

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04-04-2011 11:46:58 »

I retract my previous statement, was an error with my MAMP setup, works like an absolute charm! You sir, are a legend.
pdmit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07-05-2011 01:45:43 »

Hi @likemandrake

You are my Guru with that plugin, it's very helpfully.

When I used it with:
- Joomla 1.5.22
- Jomgallery 1.7
- Jomsocial 2.0.4
everything worked excelent,
but when I upgrated my Jomsocial to 2.2.1 it crashed.
What exactly?
Hmm..
My Jomsocial home site is returned to blank with 500 error and all sites from Jomsocial component are blank too.
I was install fresh test Joomla site with Joomgallery 1.7.1, Jomsocial 2.2.1 and Your plugin.
It's the same.
What else?
I saw in fresh test site that message:
Code
Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to plgCommunityJoomGalleryActivity::onActivityContentDisplay() must be an instance of stdClass, instance of CTableActivity given in /domains/mysite.com/public_html/plugins/community/joomgalleryactivity.php on line 32

I think that, this issue is worth attention.
Thank You for reply.
 Smile
likemandrake

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07-05-2011 02:17:07 »

Hello

I like Object Oriented Programming with type specifing :) Currently I'm not using JomSocial 2.2.x (I don't have time for site update), but If You like, You can try this update. Remember, I not tested it!

Edit:
Uploaded upgraded package with required changes for JomSocial 2.2.x, tested by @pdmit.

Regards
Piotr Minkina
« Last Edit: 08-05-2011 11:17:44 by likemandrake » Logged
pdmit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08-05-2011 09:25:57 »

Yes! Yes!! Yes!!!
Everything works as before the update.
I think that you should develop your own project. Many people need your solution.
---
Thank You @likemandrake
likemandrake

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 08-05-2011 11:20:51 »

Lots of ideas, little time :) I'll do it, but at least a month.
MediaBox

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10-05-2011 10:51:18 »

Many Thanks! Really. Exactly what I need. Please don´t stop developing this plugin!  Cool
I found the plug-in today by luck. Previously I only searched in Jomsocial forum and here in the german forum.

My environment:

Joomla 1.5.23
Jomsocial 2.2.1
Joomgallery 1.5.7.1
plg_community_joomgalleryactivity-1.0alpha3
plg_joomgallery_jomsocialactivity-1.0alpha2

My Feedback

Activity Stream Messages:
- Upload | Thumbnail-Link to Image is wrong: missing "Itemid"
- Favourites | Missing name: "{actors} added ... to favourites"
- Comments | Missing smilies: ":grin: my comment text"
- Vote | Missing name: "{actors} ..." (in message-text), Voting result displays username instead of name: "admin: *stars*"

Functions:
- Redirect after action | I´m not glad about the redirect to the JS Profile after the "activity". If a user wants to look at all the pictures in an album, the redirect to Jomsocial after votes/comments is too irritating. Is this redirect necessary?

Other Plugins
I found a plugin that displays the latest JG-images of the user in his JS-Profile:
http://www.jomsocial.com/forum/index.php?f=20&t=2601&hilit=joomgallery%20integration&rb_v=viewtopic
This Plugin (beta - last update 12/2009) doesn´t work with actual versions. I´m not an expert on programming, but I think I can fix it.

There´s also a clone of the plugin that displays Photos with nameshields of the user in his JS-Profile.
I can share the fixed plugins if someone is interested.

Many Thanks and greeetz
Thorsten
(Sorry for my english)
likemandrake

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 10-05-2011 15:54:16 »

Hello

I devoted a little time today to solved some reported issues.

- Upload | Thumbnail-Link to Image is wrong: missing "Itemid"

This is little problematic, because class JoomInterface does not have a suitable method to generate links to image details outside the component, but it has a method JoomInterface::getJoomId(), which returns Menu ItemId. So I solved this problem using this method.

- Favourites | Missing name: "{actors} added ... to favourites"
- Vote | Missing name: "{actors} ..." (in message-text)

Solved in language file :)

- Voting result displays username instead of name: "admin: *stars*"

This is configured in: JoomGallery Configuration > General Settings > Additional Functions > Real name instead of username?

- Comments | Missing smilies: ":grin: my comment text"

I know about it and will be implement later. JoomInterface does not have a suitable method and also I'm not using this comment system, but JComments.

And also solved the following issues:
* stylesheet in user activity is not loading properly (when JoomGallery activity is not visible after page load, but when click on MORE)

The following issues still not solved:
* link to category is not updated when image category is changed
* Comments | Missing smilies: ":grin: my comment text"

Best Regards
Piotr Minkina
MediaBox

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11-05-2011 01:21:56 »

Wow - thanks for the quick reply (and for the new files).

Works fine!

The Smilies are not really important...

and the redirect-story: sorry, it was only a wrong configuration in an other plugin.

Perhaps an interesting feature for the future:
- members can config the plugin
- options for the messages from JG: no message / ask me (everytime) / post message
- options if case is "ask me": Post Message? no / yes (+access level option: members / friends ...)

Thanks for sharing your good work.
Best Regards
Thorsten
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 546 access attempts in the last 7 days.