maternal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22744 Posts in 6702 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

18-09-2019 07:54:06
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 1.5 MVC - ExtensionsModulesmod_joomimg daily
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: mod_joomimg daily  (Read 4727 times)
doopz

View Profile WWW
« on: 21-04-2011 01:37:57 »

I was wondering if there was any possibility to set the random image module to display 1 image every 24 hours?
Thanks in advance!
Joshua

Ready for Adventure

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 25-05-2011 01:58:41 »

Agreed in a sense. My proposal would be to have the image select a image for the "Time Span", "Sorting" (both already in joomimg) and have it stay that image for the given time. Example, if I had the time span set for "24 hours" and had it set for the highest rated, I would want it to display the highest rated photo and it stay being the "Photo of the Day". The current system has it so if a photo were the highest rated of the day, and another photo just happens to get higher rating, then it would then suddenly be the "Photo of the Day". I've seen on a few websites have it set up so that it would display the highest rated photo of yesterday (because the photo needs to be selected based on the highest rated but the photo would need time to generate votes for the photo of the day). Anyways, this would be a neat feature of joomgallery and would be very very useful for contests and such. Infact if this were implemented, you could then advertise on the JED Page of the Joomgallery that this would work for contest (which if you need a documentation writer of how it works I would be more than happy to help if this feature is added).
aHa
Developer-Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 25-05-2011 19:10:39 »

Sorry, I don't understand fully. An image shown by JoomImages every 24h?
Joshua

Ready for Adventure

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-05-2011 19:20:51 »

In the original post what they want is for the image to stay that random photo for 24 hours. So how it would work is for joomgallery to randomly select a photo "using random sorting" (already in joomimg). So perhaps some kind of check box option that says "Remain for Timespan" which the image will never change until the time is over, and then after the time (in this case 24 hours) it will select another image based on the sorting.

A good example of this can be seen here:
http://www.mbpost.com/ The photo changes everytime it gets to 9 p.m. (Pacific Time -08:00) which in this case is best rated in 24 hours (for photo of the day).
doopz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 31-01-2012 04:21:07 »

I'm making the assumption that is not possible as easily as I would like it. :/
doopz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 31-01-2012 05:17:04 »

Hah alright. Thanks tho!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 12453 access attempts in the last 7 days.