Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22729 Posts in 6696 Topics- by 17594 Members - Latest Member: permsk

19-06-2019 06:14:41
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 2.x ACLBackend / AdministrationConfig Manager
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Config Manager  (Read 2913 times)
mitchell65

View Profile
« on: 17-10-2011 19:11:26 »

I am on day one with Joom Gallery so please bear with me. I have read all the details in the Config manager but cannot find any refernce to thumbnail sizes nor deleting all the details shown in this screenshot:

I need to show just the file name and a single line of description. No other detail is necessary. Unfortunately when creating the album I had to denote a "Generic" name. That meant I lost all the file names. All I have now is the generic name and a number. As all the images are horses or ponies that are available for adoption on a Charity website the actual names are imperative.
The person who put me onto this software wa aware that I really needed a plug in that i could put a gallery anywhere in an existing page on Joomla but it dos not look as if I am going to be able to this!
Any help and/or guidance greatly appreciated. This is the fifth Gallery extension that I have tried for Joomla 1.7 and I am hoping this will be the one I can use!

Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 17-10-2011 19:40:22 »

Hi,

thumbnail size can be adjusted in tab 'General Settings' -> 'Image Processing' of the configuration manager, but please note that you have to edit those values afore uploading or to use the recreate function in image manager.

The pathway, the back links and the total numbers of images and hits can be disabled in tab 'Frontend Settings' -> 'Header and Footer'.

The link to the user panel can be disabled at first option in tab 'Frontend Settings' -> 'User Panel'.

The toplist links can be disabled at first option in tab 'Toplists' -> 'General Settings'.

The favourites can be disabled at first option in tab 'Favourites' -> 'General Settings'.

The search box can be removed at first option in tab 'Search' -> 'General Settings'.

If you want to use the original file name as the image title please enable option 'Original filename' in tab 'General Settings' -> 'Backend-Upload' (or the same option for the frontend upload in tab 'User Access Rights' -> 'User Upload') afore uploading.
This way you won't have to use a 'generic' name.

Regards
Chraneco
mitchell65

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-10-2011 20:07:55 »

Thank you for that most informative reply. Dinner time now so will get on to this tomorrow. Many thanks again. i think i have found the winner! Smile
Joshua

Ready for Adventure

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-10-2011 23:08:16 »

See told you joomgallery was pretty cool.  Yes (I mentioned this in the joomla forums)  Wink
Galleria

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04-11-2011 22:19:06 »

Apologies, but I still can't seem to remove the Author, Ratings, Hits and Comments from images displayed in content using {joomplucat:X} tag. Can you please help?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 6829 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal