maternal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22434 Posts in 6637 Topics- by 10210 Members - Latest Member: Ganaao

19-11-2017 11:07:51
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 2.x ACLBackend / AdministrationSolved Topics: Backend / AdministrationHow to edit the " Restricted Categories"
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How to edit the " Restricted Categories"  (Read 5310 times)
mitchell65

View Profile
« on: 29-10-2011 17:46:02 »

I seem to have gone backwards with my venture into JoomGallery and all I can get now is a Page with my Gallery title and small line reading  "Restricted Categories". I've searched for 4 hours to find where to "derestrict" my Gallery but no luck. Any ideas please? Also I want the Gallery option that will give me a page of Thumbnails linking to a single large image, not the slideshow. Can't seem to find the right option when creating the Menu Item!
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 29-10-2011 22:50:10 »

Hi,

please check the access levels of your categories in category manager. 'Public' should be selected there.

If you want to link to a page with thumbnails you have to use 'Default Layout' of 'Category' while creating a menu item. Additionally you may have to change option 'Entering Detail View' in tab 'Category View' -> 'General Settings' of the configuration manager in order to achieve what you want.

Regards
Chraneco
mitchell65

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30-10-2011 11:38:39 »

I had already checked the permissions  and they were set to "Public"! So I deleted the category (I had only one) and the menu item and started again. Problem solved! Not sure what I did wrong first time but I didn't change any settings on the second attempt. 
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30-10-2011 11:53:35 »

Hi,

maybe you have enabled the 'hidden' parameter of that category, so the category wasn't displayed and only the legend for the restricted categories was shown (which doesn't have something to do with each other).

Regards
Chraneco
Dainius_m

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30-03-2012 21:33:43 »

For me are the same, public set not hidden how to solve??
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30-03-2012 21:58:10 »

Hi,

please post a link to your site.

Regards
Chraneco
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 676 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal