imagematernal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22745 Posts in 6703 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

16-10-2019 07:52:12
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 2.x ACLBackend / Administrationhow to change default category permissions for administrators
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: how to change default category permissions for administrators  (Read 3640 times)
aprilysh

View Profile
« on: 10-11-2011 11:56:31 »

Hi there,

This gallery extension works really well. Thank you for your efforts. :)

My question is about new categories created by administrators: 
How to make the default permissions for administrator to be Allowed for all options, without a superuser needing to change it manually?
See attached image, shows the current default.  Administrator is not allowed for "Upload", "Upload in Own", and "Create in Own" - I wish to make these Allowed by default (when Administrators create new category in back or frontend, and Authors create new category in frontend.)

Thanks in advance :)

mitchell65

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 14-11-2011 18:05:54 »

Perhaps I have got the query wrong but if you are asking how to change the default settings in permissions just click the down arrow against the permission you want to change and make your selection in the drop down list!
Krx

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15-11-2011 14:35:33 »

I think that OP asked how to set that Administrators by default has all access to categories created by them.
Atm they can create categories but cannot add photos in, them which is (IMO) not logical.

Currently, Super Admin needs to approve access level manually per every new created category.

]So I'd like to know that as well :)

Edit:
Found it. In JoomGallery, Admin-Menu there is Options button. When clicked it opens additional configuration window where Super Admins can pre-set default settings.

Regards
« Last Edit: 15-11-2011 14:49:26 by Krx » Logged
mitchell65

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-11-2011 15:07:43 »

You are perfectly correct there Krx, congrats from me on working that one out!!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 9071 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal