maternal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22745 Posts in 6703 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

20-10-2019 03:59:38
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 2.x ACLBackend / AdministrationBug - The uploaded image doesn't seem to be a valid image file
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Bug - The uploaded image doesn't seem to be a valid image file  (Read 3670 times)
aa121

View Profile WWW
« on: 07-02-2012 16:05:29 »

Couldn’t find where to submit bugs so will report it here.

If any file I’m importing into the gallery using FTP method has double spaces in the file name, import fails with error:
The uploaded image doesn't seem to be a valid image file.
images/joomgallery/ftp_uploads/001 image 1.jpg) [function.getimagesize]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in (administrator/components/com_joomgallery/helpers/upload.php on line 1684

JoomGallery 2.0.0 BETA5
Joomla! 2.5.1
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 08-02-2012 14:49:49 »

Hi,

sorry, I cannot confirm this issue.
In my test installation I could successfully upload images with spaces in their names with FTP upload.

Could you please post the complete error message (or a screenshot)?

Did you upload the image into a sub-folder of the FTP upload folder?

Regards
Chraneco
aa121

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 09-02-2012 12:27:53 »

Interesting, I can reproduce it every single time on two different websites, hosted on two different servers…
Did you get me correctly – the file must have two spaces in a row, it works fine if there are any number of single spaces.

Error messages posted in my previous post. I didn’t use subfolders, but FTP upload folder has been moved to images/joomgallery/ftp-upload/

Actually, I just noticed something which can be quite significant here. Check attachments:
Fist one shows a file called test      123.jpg in the FTP upload folder. There are 6 spaces between test and 123 (I put so many so it’s more obvious, but it’s enough to have two to reproduce the error)
Second shows what JoomGallery FTP Upload page displays. The same file here appears as test 123.jpg (with a single space between test and 123)
Third displays error after trying to upload this file.

It looks to me like JomGallery strips all excessive spaces and then tries to find image test 123.jpg, which obviously doesn’t exist.
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-02-2012 12:51:51 »

Hi,

sorry, actually I missed it that there must be two spaces or more in a row to reproduce the bug.

I examined it a little bit and I think it seems to be a HTML problem.

Please have a look at the generated HTML output of the select box. You should see all the spaces there. Only the browser collapses them.

I also had a look at the contents of $_POST directly (the information which Joomla! gets after sending the form) and the spaces are already deleted there.

Regards
Chraneco
aa121

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 09-02-2012 13:11:54 »

Yes, you're right. HTML code contains correct file name.
Well, if that's not something you can fix in JoomGallery, at least a more meaningful error message would help. The uploaded image doesn't seem to be a valid image file doesn't really point to the right direction in this situation...
Thanks
socialdzine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-05-2012 02:11:10 »

I am having the exact same problem.  Unfortunately I have no clue what you're referring to with the generated HTML output. 
Any chance you can direct me as to how to fix this problem in a manner that a newbie will understand?

Thanks, so for the inconvenience... I'm learning as I go  Grin
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 8371 access attempts in the last 7 days.