Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22735 Posts in 6699 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

21-08-2019 08:00:19
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 2.x ACLShowcaseJoomgallery 1.5 Showcase - markcallf Photography
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Joomgallery 1.5 Showcase - markcallf Photography  (Read 5163 times)
macallf

View Profile
« on: 25-02-2012 00:06:23 »

I have been using Gallery2 for my joomla gallery for sometime but was getting tired of administrating from 2 locations to maintain the site!

After many hours of investigation, I decided to go for joomgallery, I will eventually move to J! 2.5 and Joomgallery 2, but for now 1.5 suits me fine.

I have modified the core in several places, 3 of these mods I have detailed in the backend and bots 1.5 forums. The first is to automatically extract exif/iptc data during upload to populate the keywords and description from the image. I know keywords are not relevant for SEO anymore, but it makes searching the site easier. So altered the search bot to search on keywords/description too. I also had to alter the model detail.php to properly encode the exif/iptc so symbols displayed correctly and it also parses the date so it displays nicely Smile

I have altered the detail and category views. The category view was altered to include a new module position, the detail view was altered to include fb open graph meta, which enabled a module for fb/twitter/google+ to work correctly.

I completely rewrote the detail view in template overrides, I found the original too messy! But as can be seen, template overrides are used to great affect and I suppose this is what I wanted to demonstrate.

Anyway enough of the ramblings, you can go straight to the joomgallery section of the site here http://www.markcallf.co.uk/index.php?view=category&catid=46&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=3 or straight to the home page here http://www.markcallf.co.uk
edk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 06-03-2012 00:27:51 »

Hi Mark, love the site.  Wondering how you approached your "Client" areas?  I am setting up my own photography site and am having difficulty with this part.

any advice would be great.
cheers
ed
macallf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-03-2012 01:14:23 »

Thanks for the comment!

I haven't really looked into the client area as yet. All I have done so far is have 2 top categories - Portfolio and client area. The menu system never takes you to the top of the gallery just 1 of the two top level categories. I have edited/hacked the category and detail views so that the breadcrumb never displays the top level. Which just makes the navigation transparent to the user!

The way I'm thinking of working is to assign a user to a category in the client area and will only display that category/ies to that user. It may need hacking, I'm not sure as yet. As far as I have found there is no gallery that is aimed at photographers who need secure areas for client log ins. Hopefully the mod should not be that difficult and when I have worked it out I will post the mod. I'm not sure if the ACL in J! 2.5 will make this kind of thing easier or not. I just have not had time to research it fully.

This probably has not been much help! But bear with me and I will have a solution  Wink
macallf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06-03-2012 19:46:19 »

Well, an update to the last post.

One file altered with one small block statement (3 lines) and the client area works.

in category.php in components/com_joomgallery/models

at about line 572 after this

Code:
    if($this->_config->get('jg_hideemptycats'))
    {
      $where[] = "(((SELECT COUNT(id) FROM "._JOOM_TABLE_IMAGES." AS i WHERE i.catid = c.cid) != 0)
                OR
                  ((SELECT COUNT(cid) FROM "._JOOM_TABLE_CATEGORIES." AS sc WHERE sc.parent = c.cid) != 0))";
    }

add this

Code:
if($this->_user->get('gid') != 25) {
$where[] = '(c.owner = 0 OR c.owner ='.$this->_user->get('id').")";
    }

For any category assigned to a user, that category will be hidden from anyone else. Once signed in that category will be visible to the assigned user.

However, if you have user categories maintained by users they will no longer be visible to other users. For photographers who want to have client areas where clients can view their images without others seeing them it is no problem and that is the point of the modification.

For the photographer, create a user, assign that user to the category where their images will be stored and upload images.

Probably not much use to most, but essential to jobbing photographers.
edk

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06-03-2012 21:51:24 »

Thank you for both replies, I'll try the mods later today and let you know how they went.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 6133 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal