Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22745 Posts in 6703 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

22-10-2019 11:53:44
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 2.x ACLMiscellaneousIs JoomGallery the right choice for me?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Is JoomGallery the right choice for me?  (Read 3182 times)
MrDooh

View Profile
« on: 12-03-2012 14:40:01 »

Hallo everyone,
I've been searching arround for the best solution for my needs and came to the conclusion that JoomGallery could fullfill all my needs. The documentation and forum-search was helpful but there are a few questions left. The situation is, that I need to set-up a picture-gallery for one of my customers with the following features:

- Gallery can handle 2000+ pictures (jpg).
- A thumbnail of the original image uploaded via FTP or JoomGallery's Media Manager is created automatically and a watermark is added to each picture.
- Added pictures are automatically shown in the frontend gallery wo having to publish the new category items.
- On the frontend of the website I need a search module that is searching only through the image descriptions within the
images (jpg) and not through Joomla-content (articles, categories). So that visitors can easily search for keywords within the whole gallery and thumbnails of the search-results are displayed.

Is all this possible with JoomGallery?
Thanks a lot for your time and help. Thanks to the programmers of this wonderful Gallery.
mab
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 12-03-2012 16:29:30 »

Hi MrDooh,

first: nothing is better than to try out by yourself, but let me say that JoomGallery will fullfill all your needs   Smilewinkgrin

with best regards...
mab
MrDooh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-03-2012 17:18:49 »

Thx for your reply. I ll test it and give feedback. Have a nice day..
chilie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-05-2012 00:25:52 »

The ability for people to upload pictures on the front end was a deal breaker for me.  I found Joom Gallery works like a champ.  It took me a while to get every thing configured, but other than that, it should do all that you've been looking for.
Emik

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 29-07-2012 02:13:09 »

I have been using JoomGallery for about....(can't remember but over 2 years)... and let me tell you it can do that and more... it can take you from 5min to 2hrs to all day in order to get what you looking for,

----

First time I use it I only install it and it was ready to go, less than 2min...

Second time it toke me about 3hrs because the "client"(a friend of a friend) didn't want to show the description didn't want to show the detail page... so I had to go trough the whole configuration area...

third time toke me all day, full customization from displaying images to the CSS...

Now days it can take me about 10min to 1hrs and it all depends on how you want it to look like...

First time you see the configuration panel it can be F**** Scary let me tell you that, someone posted somewhere else that it has 300 settings which mean endless combinations, but once you get the hang of it... is like a walk in the park...

to bad it doesn't support Video or Audio yet... and I bet they will add another 300 setting which I'm willing to deal with... bring it on!  Bigrazz

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 8598 access attempts in the last 7 days.