Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22729 Posts in 6696 Topics- by 17594 Members - Latest Member: permsk

19-06-2019 06:13:07
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 2.x ACLInteraction with other componentsView only user access per profile
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: View only user access per profile  (Read 2710 times)
g39n22e

View Profile
« on: 04-04-2012 01:10:48 »

Hi, i'm using K2 and i need to add a view only option for a simple registered user to see images of an other user that will be as a publisher (or author in K2).
I downloaded the content-joom gallery plugin and i was thinking of how i can somehow combine it with the autocration of categories plugin.

So, if i add the joom gallery plugin code in the k2 template and somehow pick up the username of the user logged in, the gallery will be named the same, and if it is the owner then it will allow them to upload images, and if not then they would just view the images.

I hope i'm making sense.

Thank you for your time
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 04-04-2012 11:13:02 »

Hi,

sorry I'm not sure whether I have understood you correctly but I don't think that in could work this way.
Most probably you have to play with the permissions system (ACL) of Joomla! and JoomGallery in order to achieve that.

Regards
Chraneco
g39n22e

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-04-2012 00:23:41 »

Well, is there a plugin i can call the joomgallery of the user i'm viewing a profile (author) of in K2 automatically?
If i use something like metamod, is there a way i can accomplish that?

I'm sorry but i'm not much a programmer to figure out the way to do this, i'm thinking there should be a way to have a code that would grab the userid of the k2 author from the page i'm viewing and give me the link to its joomgallery gallery page, even though i'm not the same user i'm logged in.

Thank you
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-10-2015 20:44:23 »

Hi,

unfortunately, this will probably not work without additional programming. You check out the API documentation of JoomGallery: http://www.en.joomgallery.net/documentation/common-information/api.html

Regards
Chraneco
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 6828 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal