imagematernal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22744 Posts in 6702 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

19-09-2019 00:47:07
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 1.5 MVCMiscellaneousError running the Migration Manager in JG 1.5.7
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Error running the Migration Manager in JG 1.5.7  (Read 4888 times)
harnis

View Profile
« on: 25-04-2012 23:37:08 »

I get the ol' "Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3408026 bytes) in musicstage/administrator/components/com_joomgallery/models/maintenancecheck.php on line 436"

The weird thing is that my php.ini says 256M and I've also talked to my web host and they can't seem to locate the problem either, but says it's now memory_limit from their side.
I have a pretty large gallery, maybe 70 000 photos and 500 albums or so.

When I tries to import to new JG 2.0 in Joomla 2.5 I get an error that 1 album and 5 photos or something, are bad, but I have no idea why.
That's why I wanted to run the Migration Manager in my Joomla 1.5.

Any ideas here?
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 25-04-2012 23:45:42 »

Hi,

if this error message appears there is definitely only the mentioned amount of bytes for PHP available.

So, there must be something configured wrong if your hoster says that you should have 256M.
You can find the currently used memory_limit in the backend of your Joomla! installation on the PHP information site. Could you please post a screenshot of that?

Could you please also attach the logfile of the failed migration?

Regards
Chraneco
harnis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26-04-2012 08:15:29 »

Ah, I see now that the Local memory_limit inside of Joomla says 64M and the Master says 512M but when I check the phpinfo() in my joomla root cat it says 512M on both the Local and the Master.

Hmm, if you mean in the /logs folder I don't have any log files at all.

Inside Joomla:

In my phpinfo:

Do I have to activate logs anywhere? In Joomla info it says that the /log is writable.
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26-04-2012 12:38:05 »

Hi,

please check both log folders the one of the new Joomla installation and the one of the old installation.

Regarding the memory_limit: I think only your hoster can help you with that. The local value of memory_limit has also to be increased inside Joomla.

Regards
Chraneco
harnis

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26-04-2012 12:58:26 »

I inserted ini_set('memory_limit','512M'); in the "musicstage/administrator/components/com_joomgallery/models/maintenancecheck.php".

Is there a way to increase the memory limit inside of Joomla admin?
The increase of memory in the specific file solved it so now the Migration Manager-script could run successfully!  Smile
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26-04-2012 13:50:03 »

Hi,

you could try to insert this code in the 'index.php' of the administrator folder. The code should be active everywhere in the backend then.

Regards
Chraneco
harnis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26-04-2012 21:02:48 »

The strange thing is that I did, both in the index.php in root-folder and the index.php in the administrator folder, but that didn't work.
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 27-04-2012 11:01:18 »

Hi,

that's strange, unfortunately I don't know why that's not working, but maybe your hoster can help you with that.

Regards
Chraneco
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 13087 access attempts in the last 7 days.