maternal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22745 Posts in 6703 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

19-10-2019 08:12:05
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 2.x ACLMigrationSerious Migration Script Problem
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Serious Migration Script Problem  (Read 4386 times)
trlbldr

View Profile WWW
« on: 03-05-2012 23:20:41 »

MySQL database tables for Joomla! 1.5 installations are, by default "jos_". If one uses Akeeba AdminTools and changes that, however, the database prefix will be different. Of course, each separate Joomla! 2.5 installation results in a different database prefix.

With the JG migration script, I entered the dB prefix for the J1.5 intallation ("cupg_") and ran the Check button. The result told me that I cannot migrate the J1.5 installation to the new J2.5 installation because - this is good! - the script did not find the database tables in the new installation.

However, it looked for the database prefix for the J1.5 installation! These are the results:

Note: The format seems to be From: To as in [J1.5 dB table]: [J2.5 dB table]

Code:
cupg_joomgallery: Table '[mydomain]_jml05.cupg_joomgallery' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM cupg_joomgallery  
cupg_joomgallery_catg: Table '[mydomain]_jml05.cupg_joomgallery_catg' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM cupg_joomgallery_catg  
cupg_joomgallery_comments: Table '[mydomain]_jml05.cupg_joomgallery_comments' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM cupg_joomgallery_comments  
cupg_joomgallery_nameshields: Table '[mydomain]_jml05.cupg_joomgallery_nameshields' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM cupg_joomgallery_nameshields  
cupg_joomgallery_users: Table '[mydomain]_jml05.cupg_joomgallery_users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM cupg_joomgallery_users  
cupg_joomgallery_votes: Table '[mydomain]_jml05.cupg_joomgallery_votes' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT COUNT(*) FROM cupg_joomgallery_votes

So, why does the script presume that a J2.5 installation uses the same dB prefix as a J1.5 installation? I appreciate any suggestion you have.

Don White
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 04-05-2012 00:40:04 »

Hi,

in the error messages you have posted the database prefix 'cupg_' is used, so this should be correct because it's the prefix of Joomla! 1.5 as you have said.

The format seems to be From: To as in [J1.5 dB table]: [J2.5 dB table]

That's not correct. The part '[mydomain]_jml05.cupg_joomgallery' has the format '[database name].[table name]'. So in the error messages only the 'from' tables are mentioned.

Please read the documentation about the migration (especially part 2). You have to copy the Joomla! 1.5 tables into the database of Joomla! 2.5 first.

Regards
Chraneco
trlbldr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 04-05-2012 01:28:37 »

I did read the documentation first. I re-read the documentation. Here's the thing:

The tables that the J2.5 version of JoomGallery builds in a J2.5 MySQL database have a different structure from those in a J1.5 installation.

How do I know?

• I tried copying them from one to the other - the number of columns in each table (J1.5 v J.25) do not correspond
  • Besides - and here's something that interests me - if this is a completely manual migration, what's with the script?
  • Oh, and why does the script ask for the J1.5 path and table prefixes when it sits on top of a J2.5 installation without using the J2.5 database tables created when the J2.5 version of JoomGallery was installed?

But, thanks for your help, anyway.

Don White
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-05-2012 02:02:24 »

Hi,

Quote from: trlbldr
The tables that the J2.5 version of JoomGallery builds in a J2.5 MySQL database have a different structure from those in a J1.5 installation.

This shouldn't cause any problems. You have to move the complete database tables into the other database, not just their contents.
That means you will have every database table twice in your Joomla! 2.5 database (one with the prefix of Joomla! 1.5 and one with the prefix of Joomla! 2.5).

I tried copying them from one to the other - the number of columns in each table (J1.5 v J.25) do not correspond

This is correct, but see above.

Besides - and here's something that interests me - if this is a completely manual migration, what's with the script?

It's not a complete manual migration, you just have to copy the database tables into the new database.
The migration script will then take every single record of these tables, tranform them into correct records for the new database tables and store them in the new database tables.

Oh, and why does the script ask for the J1.5 path and table prefixes when it sits on top of a J2.5 installation without using the J2.5 database tables created when the J2.5 version of JoomGallery was installed?

See above, both the new and the old database tables will be used during migration.

Please uninstall and reinstall new JoomGallery 2 afore trying to migrate in case that the database tables aren't in their original states anymore after your first tries.

Regards
Chraneco
trlbldr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 04-05-2012 19:19:17 »

Thanks. The migration worked - after I copied all of the tables from the version from which I was migrating into the new database, which was the target of the migration.

However, now I have a small problem. It doesn't seem to affect the operation of JoomGallery, but it does affect the ability to clean up the database of orphans. Thus:

Code:
Unknown column 'folderorphan' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE zsuv4_joomgallery_maintenance SET folderorphan = '' WHERE refid = 1 AND type != 0

I went into the database using phpMyAdmin and deleted the elements listed, but this one "reappeared." Any ideas?

Thanks!

Don White
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05-05-2012 14:47:11 »

Hi,

thanks we will try to fix this in one of the next versions.

If you fix the reported problems manually (deleting orphaned folders via FTP) the error message should be gone.

Regards
Chraneco
stuffdone

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13-02-2013 22:18:13 »

Has anyone ever solved this error with mismatch between prefixes of the old vs. the new database?

I tried exporting SQL from old into new.  I then ran CHECK again and got all green "GO" but the bottom still says in red that migration is not possible.  All those fields report ( in green ) as empty of course.

Bottom line, how to I move gallery from old site to new site?  Should I look for a different gallery with migration that will move Joomgallery over to the new site?
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13-02-2013 23:32:56 »

Hi,

if even the tables of the old gallery are empty migration is not possible of course because there isn't anything to migrate.

Why are they empty?

Regards
Chraneco
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 9235 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal