Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22750 Posts in 6706 Topics- by 17591 Members - Latest Member: permsk

28-05-2020 20:56:46
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 2.x ACLInstallation / UpdateIs joomgallery still manteined?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Is joomgallery still manteined?  (Read 5087 times)
axtolf

View Profile WWW
« on: 22-08-2012 20:21:53 »

Hi, I'm using joomgallery in my site. Lot of options and easy to use, I found it suitable for all my needs. I used other gallery but other product sometime has options, but are not easy to be used, sometimes are easy to be used but they have no possibility to attapt it to own site.

I see that the develop of this product has stopped. I see on the forum that is not so common that someone for the develop tem reply to the problem and, last, there some (minor) issues open (we are in RC, I think is normal!).

So, is joomgallery still mainteined and developed? To be clear, I'm not complaining, but even if I love this product and I cant use it in production site if I'm not sure that is still in develop and maintained (and, I can't see a valid alternative to this product too).
I'll appreciate a honest and clear reply.

Thank you

Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 23-08-2012 10:33:16 »

Hi,

JoomGallery is still maintained.
Posts are answered nearly every day in this forum (and for more there's simply no time because it's done in our free time).

JoomGallery 2.0 was in Beta stage very long, so there are very few bugs left. The ones addressed in this forum will be included in the next release, but none of them are very important ones so that a release can wait till more things are fixed and new features added.

For speeding up development it would be cool if you could help out at translations or here in the forum, for example.

Regards
Chraneco
axtolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 23-08-2012 11:36:05 »

Thanks for fast reply.

Posts are answered nearly every day in this forum (and for more there's simply no time because it's done in our free time).

One time again, to be clear, I was not complaining in any way, only worried to have to search an alternative to joomgallery. Alternative that I can't see in all other extentions, so I was worried about it.
If there is still guys that is working on it, I'm very happy and I've to thank you again for joomgallery.

For speeding up development it would be cool if you could help out at translations or here in the forum, for example.

Sure, I'll take a look.

axtolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 23-08-2012 11:40:14 »

Hi, for the translations, its not clear how I can cotribute on that site. Coul you please leave me some info about it?

Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23-08-2012 15:29:34 »

Hi,

Quote from: axtolf
One time again, to be clear, I was not complaining in any way, only worried to have to search an alternative to joomgallery. Alternative that I can't see in all other extentions, so I was worried about it.
If there is still guys that is working on it, I'm very happy and I've to thank you again for joomgallery.

We are doing our best to push JoomGallery forward Smile
At the moment there's version 2.1.0 with new features and bug fixes in the making, but unfortunately there's only little contribution back from the community at the moment, so development is very slow.

Hi, for the translations, its not clear how I can cotribute on that site. Coul you please leave me some info about it?

First, you have to register an account on that site. After logging in go back to the site I linked above and click on a language for which you want to translate. Then you can click on 'Join team' in the top right for joining the correspondent translation team. After beeing added by Mab you will be able to translate directly on the site interface or by downloading the source language and uploading the translated file.

Please let me know if any other problems arise during the process and I will try to help.

Edit: Just saw that you are already translating now. Thank you very much for that! This will help a lot of people.

Regards
Chraneco
axtolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 23-08-2012 16:42:37 »

Yes I'm trying to translate.
I've two question.
First one. There is a place/thread in this forum where is possibility to discuss about translation? For example I'm stuck on a group of strings because I cannot find out where are them used in joomgallery. Where may I ask for this?
Second. It could be helpfull for translation to have the 2.1 to install somewhere to try to apply language files (and see in english where are the strings used). It's  possible to have it? Normally I use to have a test site duplicate of mine in prodution. I normally
test the joomla! upgrade there and sometimes the component updates too. So I can test the 2.1 (and futher release) there. I think that could be usefull to discover bugs and problems for developers. Unfortunately, I can't write in php, so I can test, help you with translate, but not with code.

Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23-08-2012 18:24:15 »

Hi,

There is a place/thread in this forum where is possibility to discuss about translation?

Unfortunately no, but you can post all these strings (or better the keys) here and I try to explain where they are used and in which context.
If there are more such questions in future we can create a new forum board for this.

It could be helpfull for translation to have the 2.1 to install somewhere to try to apply language files

The language files on Transifex are for JoomGallery 2.0 only at the moment. The language files for JoomGallery 2.1 are not yet prepared (but there won't be many differences).

So if there are some language constants that you can't find in the code of JoomGallery 2.0, you probably found some orphans which we will delete out of the language files then.

Regards
Chraneco
axtolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 24-08-2012 10:33:16 »

Ok Chraneco thanks. I can test all on my test site.
The offer to be beta tester for new releases is still valid anyway.

axtolf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 24-08-2012 18:07:02 »

Chraneco please add Italian (and me)to the extentions project too. I'll try to help there too.

Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24-08-2012 18:38:00 »

Hi,

that's great! Thank you very much!
I've added Italian language translation team here and made your user to the coordinator.

We will inform you as soon as there is a testable version of JoomGallery 2.1 (a few more weeks I think).

Regards
Chraneco
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 2919 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal