Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22728 Posts in 6695 Topics- by 17594 Members - Latest Member: permsk

24-05-2019 22:18:31
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 2.x ACL - ExtensionsPluginsSolved Topics: PluginsJoomLytebox Loads Slowly when Opening
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: JoomLytebox Loads Slowly when Opening  (Read 5278 times)
Joshua

Ready for Adventure

View Profile
« on: 06-09-2012 01:42:19 »

This is my favorite slide plugin that Joomgallery has come out with. Very nice. But it takes at least 8 seconds for the slider (lightbox) to open. Once it opens the speed is much faster. I know this is not a server issue because JoomShadowbox and JoomHighslide open up right away! The slowness can be seen here:
http://www.alpinejosh.com/gallery/personal-favorites

So perhaps if a parameter was added to allow us to adjust the speed of the lightbox opening. Currently I feel as though it's too slow.
Also it would be great to be able to adjust the transition speed.
« Last Edit: 06-10-2012 06:11:58 by Joshua » Logged
Erftralle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 06-09-2012 19:34:04 »

Hi,

although I can confirm the slow opening of the Lytebox on your server, I am not able to reproduce this problem on my local test installation nor on my other servers.
In my opinion it must be a problem of your server. It delivers the images very slowly. Opening this image for instance takes up to 4 seconds.

Maybe you can find some useful information here.
Maybe you can adjust the internal script parameter 'resizeSpeed'. You will find it in line 33 of the file /media/plg_joomgallery_joomlytebox/lytebox.js, but somehow I doubt that this will help. In the case that you find out an improvement one could think about an additional plugin parameter for the 'resizeSpeed'.

Unfortunately there is no simple way to pass a parameter for the transition time to the Lytebox script.

Regards
Erftralle
Joshua

Ready for Adventure

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-09-2012 22:33:03 »

Great news! By using the method you mentioned about adjusting the resize speed, it's much faster. Does it work fast on your end?
http://www.alpinejosh.com/gallery/personal-favorites

Now I still have a minor issue which is that the lightbox does not make images that are too tall for my screen to be resized.  None This is probably an issue with lytebox which I can bring to their attention.

I've attached what I mean by this issue.
« Last Edit: 09-09-2012 23:08:20 by Joshua » Logged
Erftralle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-09-2012 19:57:41 »

Great news! By using the method you mentioned about adjusting the resize speed, it's much faster. Does it work fast on your end?

yes, much better. I'll try to add the 'resize speed' to the plugin parameters.

Now I still have a minor issue which is that the lightbox does not make images that are too tall for my screen to be resized.

Please set JoomGallery's configuration parameter

Frontend Settings >> Popup Functions >> Downsize images by Javascript to Yes
Joshua

Ready for Adventure

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10-09-2012 21:15:47 »

The parameter option in the future sounds good.  Yes

As for the downsizing with javascript, it works as well. A minor issue is caused by this.  Wink
On my more square shaped pictures when the downsizing option is not enabled the picture is pretty much the size of the screen (slightly missing the bottom of the lightbox). But when it is enabled it has a bit of a gap. Not a big deal, but it would be awesome in the future if one could control a % or a number of pixels away from the screen edge it resizes down to.

The first screen shot shows non resize.
The second one shows with the resize option activated.
« Last Edit: 27-09-2012 09:48:24 by Joshua » Logged
Erftralle

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13-09-2012 19:29:34 »

The parameter option in the future sounds good.
You can find a new version in the downloads.

On my more square shaped pictures when the downsizing option is not enabled the picture is pretty much the size of the screen (slightly missing the bottom of the lightbox).
Yes, depends on the size of your (not resized!) detail/original images.

But when it is enabled it has a bit of a gap. Not a big deal, but it would be awesome in the future if one could control a % or a number of pixels away from the screen edge it resizes down to.
Unfortunately there is no simple way to pass a parameter for it to the Lytebox script and I don't want to rewrite more of the lytebox script as necessary. Maybe you can discuss your proposal here.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 6650 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal