Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22745 Posts in 6703 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

20-10-2019 14:32:50
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 2.x ACLMigrationI keep getting:You can only migrate into a clean new installation of JoomGallery
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I keep getting:You can only migrate into a clean new installation of JoomGallery  (Read 6117 times)
steve2fit

View Profile
« on: 30-09-2012 21:30:26 »

Everything is clean when I first start and the migration script gives me the ok to continue with the migration.

Then I get the error message.

I would continue to do the recommended uninstall then reinstall and still get the same message. When I go into my database I noticed that the migration script is loading the joomgallery_catg with the correct info...but this is causing the conflict and no other tables continue to get migrated. I would also open that table up, clear it out and then try the migration script again but only to receive the same message. I have done this once before on another website and everything went great but on this install I can't seem to get past this point.

Any suggestions?

Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 01-10-2012 07:13:50 »

Hi,

what is the exact error message that is given?

Migration is only possible if the default category entry is existing.

Regards
Chraneco
steve2fit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-10-2012 01:23:05 »

After the reinstall and all of the tables are empty, the migrations gives me the go ahead to run the script. I run the script and the error that pops up is:

SPC_joomgallery_catg: 29 row(s). You can only migrate into a clean new installation of JoomGallery. Please uninstall and reinstall JoomGallery and the migration script in order to fix that.

When I go back into the database, it looks as though _catg table had filled up with the correct categories from the old database but for some reason it stops there and the script sees it as already being filled...causing the error.

Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-10-2012 14:32:41 »

Hi,

after migration this view shouldn't be displayed.

Are you navigating to it manually after the migration (by e.g. clicking on the 'Check' button)?

Regards
Chraneco
steve2fit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03-10-2012 12:40:15 »

Yes, I am clicking on the "check" button....should I not click it? I have attached an image of the _catg file before I migrate to show that it is empty before I start.
« Last Edit: 03-10-2012 12:51:19 by steve2fit » Logged
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03-10-2012 13:20:29 »

Hi,

ok, the screenshot shows the correct thing.
In this state you have to click the 'Check' button and the migration should be possible then. After clicking to start the migration the migration script should run and redirect you back to the migration manager with an message of success or error. Please post this message.
After that you don't have to click on 'Check' again.

Regards
Chraneco
steve2fit

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04-10-2012 02:13:26 »

So I ran the "Check" migration1.jpg shows success. I press the "Start" migration2.jpg shows the results. I checked the log, migration3.jpg shows the error in _catg. Migration3_database shows a section of the _catg table that got filled during the migration.

It is almost like it is checking the tables after filling _catg with data thus giving errors.

Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04-10-2012 13:55:17 »

Hi,

alright, so the migration itself is the problem.

Please attach the complete log file of the migration to your next post.

Regards
Chraneco
steve2fit

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05-10-2012 12:08:24 »

I think I might know what at least part of the issue is from reading the error log. My old images are missing and this must have happened during a previous migration attempt. I assumed that the images are being moved/migrated instead of copied from the old gallery into the new. Now I am left with no images at all and have asked my hosting provide to restore a backup previous to me trying the migration script. Please have a look at the log and see if there is anything else that may be wrong in regards to the errors I have been receiving.

Regards,
Steve
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05-10-2012 15:10:04 »

Hi,

yes, that's true. The migration moves the images (not copying them). That's because most of the sites have only finite webspace and doubling all images would exceed it. This fact is stated here clearly.

According to your log file there are other problems, too. Did you try to migrate from a JoomGallery version other than 1.5.7?

Regards
Chraneco
steve2fit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07-10-2012 16:07:40 »

Hi Chraneco,

Thanks for helping me with this. I realized I should have made a backup, it is my own fault for not doing so. The hosting company only goes back 5 days so I have asked them to restore what I had 5 days ago which I think may not be good enough. I did have a backup of the site from a year ago which will restore many of the images but not all. I will eventually need to contact the client to have them upload what is missing.

I am using version 1.5.7.5. My gallery was out of date but I upgraded it to the latest before trying the migration script.

Regards,
Steve
steve2fit

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11-10-2012 15:45:05 »

Any more thoughts on this?

I noticed that in the .log file near the bottom there is an error:
ERROR   Error: Old configuration settings not found

Is this what could be causing issues?
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11-10-2012 19:55:47 »

Hi,

yes, that is a problem. It looks like the update to JoomGallery 1.5.7 was not completed successfully.

If available you should now use a backup of the old gallery and then do the update again.

Regards
Chraneco
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 8323 access attempts in the last 7 days.