imagematernal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22735 Posts in 6699 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

21-08-2019 07:58:18
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 2.x ACLShowcaseSite Updated
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Site Updated  (Read 9098 times)
macallf

View Profile
« on: 12-10-2012 00:18:09 »

You may have seen this before. But I have just spent a week migrating from J! 1.5 to J! 2.5 so obviously JoomGallery has been updated aswell.

There are a few modifications. I work primarily with lightroom, so I keyword everything! With that in mind, I didn't want to have to update all the METADESC and META KEYWORDS with info thats all ready in the file. So I have edited the upload so that the exif for meta is extracted and stored with the image. There's also an added button in the admin area that allows me to extract the exif from images already on the system and store it too.

The other thing was the image width & height, they are normally unusable! Pixels are not square, so the calculation returns nothing like what the cameras pixel size actually is. This is overcome by dividing the Focal Plane resolution with 1000 instead of the focal plane resolution unit. The copyright symbol also displays incorrectly, so I have amended it so it does.

The last is more complex! Crop image data is stored in the xmp area of the file (If using Lightroom and I think PS, I'm not sure of others), the width and height parameters store the actual image height and width. But using the xmp data and the sensor resolution as described earlier it is possible to calculate the original files cropped size. for simple crops it's juts a % of the width and height (Actually, top, left , bottom & right). But if you rotate then alot of trig is involved to get the actual crop size. Took me a while to work out (No actual help on web!). So although the actual size of the images on the web are a max of 1000pxs wide, I can calculate from the image the actual HI-Res image sizes. This I then use to calculate max print sizes.

Next on my list is to write a cart system that works with any component in J! via plugins!

If you want to straight to a detail page try this http://www.markcallf.co.uk/index.php?view=detail&id=2457&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=3 otherwise go go markcallf Photography
mab
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 12-10-2012 16:57:54 »

Hi macallf,

nice site!
The modifications you've made are very interesting. Do you like to share the code with us?

with best regards...
mab
macallf

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-10-2012 18:28:55 »

Of course I would :)

Although I'm not sure how useful the xmp modifications are, but they work for me.

They are not very clean hacks, I haven't out in tests for jpg only. Which I thing may be needed.

I'll package the files up, 1 for the upload and admin extract, 1 for the fronted display mods and there is just the search bot that includes the meta tags and keywords.

The other thing I have done that makes the template overrides easier to split the detail template into several smaller ones, see the screenshot and you'll see what I mean.

macallf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12-10-2012 19:12:51 »

I think these are all the files, there may be alterations or additions to the language files too.

search_with_meta.zip is basically the search plugin with the meta fields added.

meta_extract_and_save.zip is the modified upload.php from helpers and the admin view for images modification that adds an extract button and an extra call in recreate that redirects to extract (this could be removed!)

fronted_exif_modifications.zip changes to the view and model, I have other mods in the view.html.php the only 1 that is of any importance are the $true_width ones. The model has changes to the declaration section, _loadexif, _loadiptc and added functions for xml.

I hope they make sense. Anyone using them, please, please, please backup your files before making modifications.

Mark
EdKo66

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21-07-2014 20:52:27 »

Your site looks amazing. Looking into creating such myself, but since almost two years have past, I don't suppose this will work on the present Joomla and Joom:gallery installation.

Joomla 2.5.24
Joomgallery 2.1.5
PHP versie: 5.3.28
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 6133 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal