maternal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22744 Posts in 6702 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

22-09-2019 08:55:15
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 1.5 MVCFrontendImages not showing in front end and Image manager not accessible in backend
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Images not showing in front end and Image manager not accessible in backend  (Read 9830 times)
nyartman

View Profile
« on: 17-10-2012 04:41:12 »

My photo have suddenly stopped showing in the front end of my website.  I'm using Joomgallery version 1.5.7.5 and Joomla Version 1.5.26.  I have made no changes to my website recently.  Also, in the backend when I try to access Image manager I get a 500 error message stating "View class not found [class, file]...".  

Here is a link to one of my gallery categories.  You will see after clicking on one of the thumbnail images that the detailed view doesn't show and only the image title shows.

http://www.nyartman.com/index.php?view=category&catid=1&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=57

I greatly appreciate any help at correcting this problem.
« Last Edit: 21-10-2012 16:29:16 by nyartman » Logged
nyartman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19-10-2012 15:45:45 »

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Can anyone offer any help?
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20-10-2012 12:09:52 »

Hi,

which view class is exactly missing?

If files are missing you should try to install the update zip again.

Regards
Chraneco
nyartman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-10-2012 16:39:11 »

Thanks for responding.  I reinstalled joomgallery and that fixed the problem where I wasn't able to access Image manager.  Unfortunately it did not fix the front end display issue.  The category thumbnail images show up fine; however, when you select an image from the category view to see the detail view only the image name is being displayed.  Please click on one of the images in my gallery so, you can see what I'm talking about.

http://nyartman.com/index.php?view=category&catid=1&option=com_joomgallery&Itemid=57

This is a real problem for me, how do I fix this?
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20-10-2012 19:31:29 »

Hi,

it seems that a fatal PHP error occurs. Please set 'Error Reporting' in the global configuration of Joomla! to 'Maximum'.

Regards
Chraneco
nyartman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20-10-2012 21:40:50 »

That didn't work.  When I change the Error Reporting option to "maximum", I got several lines of "Strict Standards" messages in backend and frontend of the site like the following example

Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /home2/myaccount/public_html/website/libraries/loader.php on line 186

I did notice that the image frame stayed up; however, the image is still not being placed.

Just for the heck of it, I also tried changing the Error Reporting setting from the default setting to both "simple" and "none" and there still was no change.

Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21-10-2012 00:07:41 »

Hi,

the error I'm interested in is not visible in the normal page.
You have to download one of the images that aren't displayed correctly and to have a look at their source code via an text editor.

You could also change it to 'Maximum' long enough so that I can have a look at the page.

Regards
Chraneco
nyartman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21-10-2012 00:18:17 »

Okay, I've set the Error Reporting to maximum again for you to look at.  Let me know what you think.  Thanks.
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21-10-2012 07:08:54 »

Hi,

thanks, but unfortunately there's no error displayed that could help us.

Which version of PHP are you using?

Does it work after disabling all system plugins in plugin manager?

Regards
Chraneco
nyartman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21-10-2012 16:26:38 »

I really appreciate you helping me trouble shoot this.  The PHP version was the problem.  I had switched my PHP a while back to PHP 5.4 (Single php.ini).  I just changed it to PHP 5.3 (Single php.ini) and now everything it fine.

Thanks again.   Laugh
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 11941 access attempts in the last 7 days.