Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22691 Posts in 6686 Topics- by 17594 Members - Latest Member: permsk

19-03-2019 09:52:28
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 2.x ACLMigrationMigration between two sites and two different servers.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Migration between two sites and two different servers.  (Read 6636 times)
j3n4

View Profile
« on: 09-11-2012 08:50:16 »

Hello,
I have some problems, I need to move one site to another server, but backup akeeba not works and inside the first site I have found some pages .php with codes and core hack on joomgallery instead template overrides.
The copy by FTP not work because the code of core hack is pointing on the URL of original site and the owner of the site need to clean this code for build a standard version (this point is already done by me).
The version of joomgallery in first site is 2.0 but inside DB there is not a presence of two tables:
joomgallery_category_details
joomgallery_image_details

I have tryed to export tables and import on second site and seems work but when I try to insert new item I get a parent id error and the insert fail.
Another problem is the ID of super admin is not the same of first site, I have changed the ID inside users tables and user_usergroup_map now seems work.
What I can do for solve this situations? There is a way for check and repair the records?
There are over 2000 pics :S
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 09-11-2012 18:21:08 »

Hi,

you have to copy the files and the database tables as they are in the current installation to the new installation.

Then, you have to update the gallery to the latest version. This way all changes in the code will be overridden and the database tables are updated.

Regards
Chraneco
j3n4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12-11-2012 22:35:20 »

I have installed the same version of joomla and installed the 2.0 version.
I have copied the folder of originals, thumnails etc. and set chmod -R 777, chown the user and his group.
Then I have deleted the installed files and replaced com_joomgallery inside components and  administrator/components.
After that I have dropped and imported the tables.

Ok the data is inside and the component work but we have the same problems, I have trayed to use the mantence manager and when I try to delete orphaned folders I get this error:
Unknown column 'folderorphan' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE jos_joomgallery_maintenance SET folderorphan = '' WHERE refid = 3210 AND type != 0

If I try to open and save one Image already in the list I get this error:
Parent ID not valid.

Any ideas?

Regards
j3n4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13-11-2012 23:07:58 »

Just another test:

Fresh install of joomla 2.5, changed prefix of tables, uploaded by FTP the joomgallery folder and then imported old data tables from backup of 1.5 site.
Installed joomgallery 2.1 and migration script, when I run migration manager shows me 3700 errors, but if I see the problems was the originals pictures not present (reported inside log) but import go on.
Images and category are imported but when I go on category manager it show me this error: 500 Image with ID 11622 not found.

I have run mantenance manager and he tell me NO ERRORS and NO PROBLEM... is from few days I try to solve this problems and now I don't know other ways to try.

There is a way for migrate this site?

j3n4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14-11-2012 17:53:34 »

I am under pressure from my client.
I need to solve this problem as soon as possible.
There is some expert that can help me to solve?
Can I pay.
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15-11-2012 12:59:42 »

Hi,

using the migration script is not appropriate for that.

The steps you have done in reply #2 are the correct ones. So please go back to this state and run the maintenance manager again and don't try to deleted orphaned folders for now. Are there any other problems reported?

Regards
Chraneco
j3n4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16-11-2012 17:15:13 »

Ok,
Joomla 2.5 old site and Joomgallery 2.0 beta5
Joomla 2.5 new site and joomgallery 2.0 beta 4 (I no have the beta 5).

Dropped tables on new site and imported the tables of old site (and manual correction of prefix).
Runned Maintenance Manager and found:

CATERGORY: Some category  no folder, no thumbnail and  has a wrong Owner
I fix it?

EDIT: I forget to say: There are  images and folders orphans.

EDIT2: If you want, I can send you link and admin access for see what happen (I do the rest of work, I give you just for see).
« Last Edit: 16-11-2012 20:23:25 by j3n4 » Logged
j3n4

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17-11-2012 22:03:30 »

Sorry  I forget to say: I have Upgraded to 2.1 version before run Maintenance Manager.

Now How to bring this extension to work properly? There is a way?
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19-11-2012 11:59:35 »

Hi,

CATERGORY: Some category  no folder, no thumbnail and  has a wrong Owner
I fix it?

You can fix all that by using the buttons and the batch jobs of the maintenance manager.

Does everything else work well?

Regards
Chraneco
j3n4

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20-11-2012 13:31:23 »

From Maintenance Manager: I have found and changed owner of images, there are some images without thumbnails, originals and details, if I try to delete them (or one of them), I get this error:

Could not delete data stored in the database of the image with Id 631.

No relevant problems inside category from Maintenance Manager.

Anyway here is some problems:

Trying to create new category:
No error, I report this only for complete screen of situation.

Trying to create new subcategory in already existent category imported:

Error:
0 - An error as occurred.
Invalid parent Id

Trying to delete subcategory:

Error:
Unable to delete directories

Trying to create new image in already existent category imported:

Error:
Invalid patent ID.
Unable to create new images.

Trying to delete already existent image imported:

Error:
could not delete data stored in the database of the image with ID 5170

How to fix?

Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20-11-2012 14:25:55 »

Hi,

alright, I see the problem now.

For understanding you have to know that the ACL of Joomla! uses a table called #__assets for managing all permissions.
For that it stores an entry for each and every article, category, weblink, and so on in this table. So, for JoomGallery there are also entries in this table for each category and each image.

Now, If you only copy the tables of JoomGallery into the new installation the mapped entries in the #__assets table are missing. This way, the gallery cannot work properly.

For fixing that you have to copy all entries of the #__assets table which have 'com_joomgallery' in its name to the new site.
Please note that this can be a big problem if the two sites have many differences so that there are dublicates of the keys.

Regards
Chraneco
j3n4

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21-11-2012 18:05:59 »

Yes, Is exactly.
Now the problem can have two solutions:
We have two different tables to merge or create a scrip that recreate the missing records inside #__assets table.
I don't know well joomgallery, it's the first time I working on, but some time, for some reasons, it could be possible for someone migrate the content from one site to another... So I think to write a script that recreate the missing records or if you have some code for fast reuse I really apreciate this.

Regards
Roberto
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04-10-2015 03:32:21 »

Hi,

yes, we could write a script that migrates data from the same version in order to solve this problem. I will put it on our roadmap, but this does not have high priority right now.

Regards
Chraneco
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 2188 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal