Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22750 Posts in 6706 Topics- by 17588 Members - Latest Member: permsk

26-10-2020 23:24:52
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 2.x ACLInteraction with other componentsJoomGallery 2.1.1 not fully compatible with MijoSEF
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: JoomGallery 2.1.1 not fully compatible with MijoSEF  (Read 6003 times)
gilbertlici

View Profile WWW
« on: 19-11-2012 08:32:03 »

Hello,

I'm one of the MijoSEF developers:
http://www.mijosoft.com/joomla-extensions/mijosef-joomla-seo-sef-urls

Our customers are geting problems from JoomGallery SEF links when they are using with MijoSEF component. We've made a large research on JoomGallery component and found that almost all links do not have the "option=com_joomgallery" variable. As you know that is the most important variable for SEF components because SEF URLs can not be generated without that variable.

So as solution, we've edited the JoomGallery component (front-end). I'm attaching here the old (default) and the new (edited) zip file. You can compare them and see what we've edited there.

My request is; plz try to fix this issue on the new release.

Best Regards,
Gilbert Lici
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 19-11-2012 10:41:19 »

Hi,

thanks for getting into contact with us. There are not much extensions that actively try to integrate JoomGallery.

Can you please describe more deeply why the 'option' variable is necessary for your component to create SEF links?
In which way are they created and why is it different to the Core SEF?

In JoomGallery, it is intended to leave that variable out because the links are much more flexible this way. The API of Joomla! is coded for providing this functionality.

JoomGallery works great with the Core SEF of Joomla! and with the 3rd party extension sh404SEF.
Because of that, I don't think that this variable is actually that important for SEF components.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Regards
Chraneco
alain

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-01-2014 13:59:00 »

Hi there!
JoomlaGallery doesn't work with MijoSEF (the "new AceSEF").

If I try to enter a subcategory (or click on an image to see it's details) it just doesn't work (and the link generated is not what one would expect).
There seams to be no problem with the SEO links generated by Joomla itself (v.2.5), but there's definatelly something wrong in the interaction between JoomGallery and MijoSEF.

Thank you very much and have a great day.
alain

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-01-2014 11:32:27 »

No one?
Is this a problem caused by MijoSEF or JoomGallery?

What should I do to solve the problem?
Thanks.
alain

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10-01-2014 12:14:31 »

Well, I just tried using AceSEF and everything works, also JoomGallery, so that narrows down the problem to MijoSEF.
I should have never tried MijoSEF (I tried it after migrating a site from J1.2 to J2.5) and should have stayed with AceSEF.

Thank you anyway.
JoomGallery is awesome by the way. ;)

Have a great day.
alain

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13-01-2014 19:08:49 »

Anyway it will be good it JoomGalley would work with MijoSEF since AceSEF doens't work with Kunena v.3 and therefore I'm in front of a big dilemma.

Use AceSEF and JoomGalley and no Kunena forum or
use MijoSEF and Kunena forum but no JoomGallery.
alain

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13-02-2014 13:38:30 »

I also tried to bypass MijoSEF's URL creation using Joomla's default SEO or disable SEO completely but it still doesn't work.

To do that I just go to MijoSEF panel in the back-end, click on the "Extensions" tab and select either "Component's router" (which will use Joomla's native SEF url creation) or "Disable SEF" (no SEF urls), but none of these work which is rather strange.

Of course if I uninstall MijoSEF (or just disable the whole extension) the SEF urls created by Joomla are fine and JoomGallery works perfectly.

Any insight?
Thank you very much.
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12-10-2015 03:26:47 »

Hi,

if this problem still exists with the latest versions of Joomla and JoomGallery please open a new thread in the current board of the forum.

Regards
Chraneco
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 7478 access attempts in the last 7 days.