Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22745 Posts in 6703 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

19-10-2019 08:08:35
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 2.x ACLMigrationI can't choose thumbnails from sub-categories after migration.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I can't choose thumbnails from sub-categories after migration.  (Read 3863 times)
gnusmas

View Profile WWW
« on: 31-12-2012 13:16:30 »

Greetings!
Migration from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5 was quite a hard process, but seems that everything works quite normal. Except this thing:
I can't choose thumbnails from subcategories in Joomgallery now. The select box "Filter by category:" doesnt working, it looks not like a select box but just like a simple text. So I can't choose sub-category to select from and can choose only from images just of this category.
Screenshot:

I really hope you can help me with this, 'cause this strange thing is creeping me out. :)

Happy New Year!

ps. versions of Joomla 2.5 and Joomgallery are latest at the moment.
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 31-12-2012 13:34:36 »

Hi,

it seems that you have enabled the Ajax category selection. With that, there's no select box anymore but a search box where you can type in a part of a category name to search for it.

You can disable that again in tab 'Frontend Settings' -> 'General Settings' of the configuration manager.

Happy New Year!

Regards
Chraneco
gnusmas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 31-12-2012 14:00:44 »

Wow, thanks a lot! I really changed that little option (actually I had no idea what's gonna happen :D ). It's working fine now!

Now I found another one problem, maybe you can help me with that too. When I click to Image manager in Joomgallery it shows me all my images (quite a lot so it need about 10 minutes to load). If I wait and the loading is finished, so I'm trying to change the number of pictures to show on one page there, I've got error:
"Warning: Unknown: Input variables exceeded 1000. To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini. in Unknown on line 0

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent in Z:\home\localhost\www\***sitename***\libraries\joomla\session\session.php on line 532"

Actually I'm still running my new-version-site on the localhost, so maybe this problem will gone when I'll upload it to a real sever. But I wonder if I can change this number manually by editing some parameter of SQL base?
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 31-12-2012 17:36:32 »

Hi,

the number of images displayed on one page is usually stored in the session.
So it should be fixed by simply logging out and in again.

If all the images are stilled loaded then you have to change 'Default List Limit' in global configuration of Joomla! and log out and in again.

Regards
Chraneco
gnusmas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 31-12-2012 18:04:30 »

Ho ho ho, Chraneco, you're wizard! Yes, it's working normal after some logouts. Thanks for your help!
Happy New Year again! (3 hours to New Year here).
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31-12-2012 18:07:13 »

Hi,

alright, thanks for the feedback!

Happy New Year (6 hours here Smile )!

Regards
Chraneco
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 9235 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal