Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22729 Posts in 6696 Topics- by 17594 Members - Latest Member: permsk

19-06-2019 06:14:34
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 2.x ACLInteraction with other componentsjBar (from ThemeXpert) stops image display
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: jBar (from ThemeXpert) stops image display  (Read 2217 times)
greeners

View Profile
« on: 13-02-2013 09:47:31 »

Using - JoomGallery 2.1.2 and Joomla 2.5.9

I have been using JoomGallery on my site, with great success.  I found that a nice extension to display a ribbon on all pages ('site under maintenance' for example) works in itself but JoomGallery is affected.

All thumbnails stop being displayed by a category view.  Images will also not open, in my case with HighSlide JS.

Firefox Firebug reports console error for each thumbnail failing to display:

I attempted to load the individual image, using the URL in the IMG tag of the script for the page, and was surprised (impressed) to get a messaage asking me to check out the FAQ on this site, explaining it could be an extension causing display failure of images.  I already knew it was jBar.

If I disable jBar the gallery returns to normal.  Enable jBar and it stops JoomGallery instantly.

jBar available here:  http://www.themexpert.com/joomla/extensions/jbar
JoomGallery in use on my site here: http://beta.viewfinderphoto.org/index.php/gallery

Any thoughts?

Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 13-02-2013 10:39:51 »

Hi,

thanks for your research.
You can find more information about that problem in this article.
I had a look at that plugin and saw that it exactly produces this problem described there. So it's not a problem of JoomGallery. You have to ask the support of the plugin to fix this problem.
If you send them the link to the article above it shouldn't be hard for them to fix it.

Regards
Chraneco
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 6829 access attempts in the last 7 days.