Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22601 Posts in 6661 Topics- by 17595 Members - Latest Member: mpedrat

25-06-2018 00:29:06
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.x JUXFrontendInsert images into articles
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Insert images into articles  (Read 1199 times)
MVPSports

View Profile
« on: 02-05-2013 20:39:07 »

I am trying to find an easy way to allow authors to upload and insert images in their own articles from the frontend. I have installed the gallery and the two plugins required to do this but am not able to get it to work yet. I have created two test categories and uploaded an image from the backend into one. The button is visible and the popup appears when clicked but on the insert tab it states that there were no images found.

So i went to the upload image tab and attempted to upload a new image but receive a message stating that a category must be selected. At that point I tried to select a category (as I have create category disabled) and notice that there is no drop down menu for categories. all I have is the text Category - under the title field. I noticed that the category field is displayed properly in IE but not in firefox or safari.

Im sure i have something setup incorrect and have gone through the setup documentation.

I CAN see images when I create a menu item and go to the user panel as well as upload images. I tried to insert an image after uploading through the user panel, found and clicked on an image and now am looking for an insert button or something similar to actual insert the image but my only option is to close the popup in any browser. Inserting from the backend works fine by clicking the image I want but just clicking the image from the frontend does nothing
« Last Edit: 02-05-2013 21:41:25 by MVPSports » Logged
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 03-05-2013 01:02:29 »

Hi,

maybe the user in the frontend doesn't have enough permissions to view that image.

Regarding the missing category select box: Do you have assigned the permission to upload into at least one category?

Regards
Chraneco
MVPSports

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03-05-2013 03:47:36 »

Hi Chraneco and thank you for your reply,
I believe you are correct about the first issue being permissions and can work through that issue.

The missing category and unable to click a pick to insert are show stoppers for me though. I believe I have permissions to upload to all the categories I have created but I will be happy to check specific items in the setup you direct me to
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 229 access attempts in the last 7 days.