Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22750 Posts in 6706 Topics- by 17591 Members - Latest Member: permsk

28-05-2020 10:51:32
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 1.5 MVCMigrationMigrate 1.5 to latest joomla 2 database problem
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Migrate 1.5 to latest joomla 2 database problem  (Read 7098 times)
remeedella

View Profile
« on: 06-10-2012 03:17:29 »

Hello,

I've been working on a clients website migration for some time now and while some things are going smoothly, not everything is. I was planning on migrating/upgrading shortly to JG2 and what first reminded me is when I installed xmap component and finally got that working.. It would give me "error loadding component: com_joomgallery" or similar. I had to delete in database and menu structure old references to a menu link to joomgallery.

I finally tried doing migrate manually. I read all steps and looked for help on forums already with similar topics and cannot find out what caused installing joomgallery2 component to say it succesfully installed yet all kinds of database tables weren't installed properly. The only way to access the component in back-end when i install is to click 'start now!' otherwise I cannot find it in components> menu. When I get into it I see database errors all over the place like;

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/69/5725269/html/clone/jupgrade/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 383

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/69/5725269/html/clone/jupgrade/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php on line 383

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/content/69/5725269/html/clone/jupgrade/libraries/joomla/database/table.php on line 406

and lots more. All the tabs and structure of joomgallery seems installed correctly but theres errors everywhere and its broken. I'm trying to migrate because I simply cannot afford to restart it all over again. I have tried going into database and deleting all menu and j25_joomgallery or j16 references of it and reinstalling but it just never works properly even if it says installed succesfully.

I tried everything, would anyone be willing to manually go in and attempt to migrate from old site to test jupgrade site. I can give old database/new one and test site administrator. I need the help

(I did migrate website using jUpgrade)

thank you!
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 06-10-2012 10:02:03 »

Hi,

which version of Joomla! are you using?
From which version of JoomGallery do you try to migrate?
Do you use the migrationscript of JoomGallery?

If there are problems creating the admin menu you have to uninstall the gallery and delete all occurrences of JoomGallery in the database, also in the 'menu' table and the 'extensions' table.

Regards
Chraneco
remeedella

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07-10-2012 05:37:00 »

Hi Thanks for the reply,

I wish to upgrade from Your version:    1.5.7.4 on the old 1.5 joomla website. The clone was done with jupgrade and I cannot get this to work. I had attempted to delete all menu entries of joomgallery, erasing instances of j25 joomgallery and then retrying to install. This is for the newest version of joomgallery, I attempted the migrationscript on new site if you mean that but I can't even get joomgallery installed properly to utilize. Can you help?
remeedella

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-10-2012 05:15:22 »

Would anyone be willing to go into database and administrator and have a look / retry an upgrade of joomgallery? I wish not to restart from scratch, that I can maybe get working but choose not to
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 2877 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal