maternal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22691 Posts in 6686 Topics- by 17594 Members - Latest Member: permsk

22-03-2019 10:10:17
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.x JUXFrontendSolve the Hits problem with Absolute Image Paths
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Solve the Hits problem with Absolute Image Paths  (Read 1496 times)
Joshua

Ready for Adventure

View Profile
« on: 20-06-2013 07:42:27 »

Back in the early days of Joomgallery if I remember right it had both .jpg url's for images and had a working hit counter. Major changes were made which is when the url became based on PHP. But I have to wonder why it's not possible to have both a .jpg image path and hit counter? Most photo galleries allow both.

I want to give a big thanks for Joomgallery 3.1. I was very excited when I saw it today.
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20-06-2013 18:22:20 »

Hi,

there are several advantages of outputting images through the script such as a highly reliable hit counter, image protection or the possibility to have images in articles without having to worry about them when moving them into another category.

By setting option 'Use real paths' in tab 'General Settings' -> 'Paths and directories' of configuration manager to 'Yes' you can still tell JoomGallery to use the real paths of images. You just have to note the disadvantages of that explained at that option. The hit counter can work with the detail view only then because its the only view where only the single image is loaded and where we can increase the hit counter via the PHP script.

Maybe SEF URLs for images may also be an option for you. With that you can get back .jpg URLs in a virtual way.

Regards
Chraneco
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 2545 access attempts in the last 7 days.