Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22691 Posts in 6686 Topics- by 17594 Members - Latest Member: permsk

19-03-2019 09:53:55
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.x JUXUploadsSolved Topics: UploadsCannot have Custom Directory for Joomgallery (solved)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cannot have Custom Directory for Joomgallery (solved)  (Read 2506 times)
Joshua

Ready for Adventure

View Profile
« on: 15-07-2013 06:26:13 »

Solved: Image directory must be moved with it when it is changed in the configuration.

For the past week or so with Joomgallery 3.1 beta I could not upload any pictures to either of my sites (they are on separate hosts). With a fresh installation of Joomla it worked fine which meant it was on my end. Finally after doing a few hours of playing around and investigating things I figured out that it's because I was using a custom directory to store my images. For example instead of using "images/joomgallery/details/" I would use "image/". It was most certainly a writable folder, I even went in and played with the permissions (777, 755, ect) going back and forth. I decided to stick with the permission level of the "details" folder Joomgallery comes with. I personally think this is a bug with Joomgallery.

Can you confirm that you cannot use a custom directory in Joomgallery 3.1 beta for storing images? Or am I the only one who has this issue.
« Last Edit: 17-07-2013 10:02:17 by Joshua » Logged
Erftralle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16-07-2013 14:37:51 »

Can you confirm that you cannot use a custom directory in Joomgallery 3.1 beta for storing images?

No, I can't.

Note, that you have to make your decision before any category is created and any image is uploaded. You can not change the directories afterwards.
« Last Edit: 16-07-2013 15:23:57 by Erftralle » Logged
Joshua

Ready for Adventure

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-07-2013 10:00:58 »

That was exactly my problem! I made another test site which I confirmed that changing the image directory before creating any categories worked just fine.

Note, that you have to make your decision before any category is created and any image is uploaded. You can not change the directories afterwards.

I was afraid of that being the reality. But I found a work around for this.  Grin So lets say all along I been storing my thumbnail images in a directory called "thumbnail" but want to move them to "small" this is possible. First change it in Joomgalleries configuration. Then move all the folders from the thumbnail directory to the small folder. Now I haven't tested this on a big gallery, but it worked with a small number of images. In theory it should work on my main site.

A big thanks for your help in figuring out this mystery.  Cool
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 2188 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal