Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22745 Posts in 6703 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

20-10-2019 04:01:50
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.x JUXMigration Solved Topics: MigrationNearly completed a manual migration from 1.5 to version 2
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Nearly completed a manual migration from 1.5 to version 2  (Read 3391 times)
imliving

View Profile
« on: 16-08-2013 00:34:32 »

I downloaded the latest JoomGallery for Joomla 2.5 series and the only migration script available. Come to find out the migration script is now outdated. I used SP Upgrade to migrate the database tables from the old database and into the new database and now I can see all the images in the Image Manager. What didn't migrate was the Catageries. I manually exported from the old database the category table and imported it into the new joomla database and now I see all the categories listed in the myphpadmin interface.

My problem is that JoomGallery interface doesn't recognize the database category table when I go to the Category Manager. Any thoughts on what I could try next?

Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 16-08-2013 04:32:53 »

Hi,

there are many problems when manually exporting and importing the gallery tables.
You should use the migration script.
What do you mean with that it is outdated?
It should still work.

Regards
Chraneco
imliving

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-08-2013 17:08:21 »

Hi Chraneco,

Thank for the prompt reply. That is an error message I got but I now realized the version I was migrating from was at 1.5.6. I updated that to 1.5.7, which is the version seen in the script name, and ran the script again. This time it worked, but this time found errors. So, anyone following this thread and tries the migration their JoomGallery must be at the latest 1.5.7 version for it to work.

Now for my next problem, see the attached. The script found integrity of databasetable problems. The first one says the table ehydepar_joomla25.jos_joomgallery doesn't exist. Of course it doesn't exist, why would it?

The old table prefix is jos_ and the new one is joo25_.

I know you warn of exporting and importing tables, but I do know how to do that. Studying the tables in the old version I see there are two more tables in the versions for Joomla 2.0 and Joomla 3.0 series.

What should I try next?

Thank you,
Rob
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-08-2013 20:24:06 »

Hi,

you have to export the jos_ tables of JoomGallery from the old database and import them into the new database without changing the database prefix.

Exporting and importing can be done via PhpMyAdmin or something like that.

Regards
Chraneco
imliving

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-08-2013 20:40:13 »

That worked!! Did I miss the instructions that say to do that? I did use MyPhpMyAdmin, selected the tables in the old version and exported as a quick sql file and imported into the newer database and came back to run the script. I got the green check marks all the way down.

Now that I see the categories and images in the newer Joomla I can now delete the older tables. Correct?

Thanks,
Rob
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17-08-2013 04:07:26 »

Hi,

yes, that is stated in step 2 of the migration documentation article on our site.

After the migration was successful you can safely delete the old database tables.

Regards
Chraneco
imliving

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 17-08-2013 14:50:31 »

Hmmmm, I guess I just missed that then. I did learn that the old version has to be brought up to 1.5.7 before it will work. Maybe that could be stressed. At any rate I appreciate that you responded timely considering we are countries apart and several time zones away. Keep up the good work. This can be marked SOLVED and moved to that section.

Thank you and have a great day!

Rob
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 8374 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal