Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22734 Posts in 6698 Topics- by 17594 Members - Latest Member: permsk

21-07-2019 20:13:44
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 2.x ACLMigrationMigrating to a new server issues
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Migrating to a new server issues  (Read 1647 times)
millard

View Profile WWW
« on: 20-09-2013 19:14:51 »

My hosting service is about to migrate my two sites to a new and better server.  Sounds great but my concern is with all the "titles", "decriptions", and "meta-tags" which I had spent months and months on perfecting, due to the nearly 4000 photos in the two sites.  Is there a chance that I will lose these "titles, descriptions and metatags" in the migration?  And if so, is there a way to prevent losing them in the migration.  I haven't been able to sleep at nights worrying, as the date of migration grows near.  My site is currently running Joomla 2.5.11 and Joom Gallery 2.1.4

Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20-09-2013 22:14:19 »

Hi,

are you just changing the hardware or do you also update to a newer Joomla! version?

If it's the first you don't have to worry at all because nothing changes in JoomGallery.

If you will update to a newer Joomla! version please ensure that you correctly follow the instructions on several Joomla! documentation articles.

In both cases please create a complete backup right now. This way, you will be safe in each case.

Regards
Chraneco
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 6971 access attempts in the last 7 days.