Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22745 Posts in 6703 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

20-10-2019 14:36:39
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 2.x ACLBackend / Administrationbroken images/possible permissions issue
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: broken images/possible permissions issue  (Read 1776 times)
blooskreen

View Profile
« on: 22-10-2013 02:19:15 »

Hello.
I have the followings:
- Joomla 2.5.11
- Joomgallery 2.1.4.  the one that was release 2013/06/16.

=================
I do have other components installed as well.  Nothing that shouldn't be a common component.
=================

I'm getting broken thumbnails in the frontend and backend.  the actual image will show fine.  Even the scrolling gallery bar in the frontend shows a broken thumbnail images.

================+
I get the following error when I right click on the broken image and bring up in a new window:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /springshowcase/images/joomgallery/thumbnails/2013_west_coast_girls_fall_showcase_4/fridays_games_28_20130928_1372551659.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
==============+
In the backend joomgallery cpanel, I click on Options to set permissions.
I get the conflict Not Allowed (Locked) and unable to change permissions of users.
===============

I've done the following:
1.  Disabled all my plugins to narrow down which plugin it could be that is causing the problem.  Still broken thumbnail images.

2.  changed template.  still broken images

3.  updated joomla and joomgallery.  still broken images.
==================

could someone please direct me to some better resolutions that what i've researched so far.  I do not have JoomSEF.  only the default system - SEF.  I've disabled that and still same results.

Please help.
Thanks
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 22-10-2013 07:33:23 »

Hi,

this is not a problem of the PHP script, Joomla! or JoomGallery.

You have to check the file permissions of all the thumbnails via FTP. Each file should have 644 as its permissions and each folder should have 755 as its permissions.

Regards
Chraneco
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 8323 access attempts in the last 7 days.