Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22750 Posts in 6706 Topics- by 17591 Members - Latest Member: permsk

28-05-2020 21:01:10
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.x JUXUploadsUpload Problems Using Joomla FTP Layer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Upload Problems Using Joomla FTP Layer  (Read 1938 times)
lurch177

View Profile
« on: 20-11-2013 18:25:38 »

Hello,

My hosting service (shared hosting provider) access and file permissions are such that I must run Joomla and install extensions with the FTP layer enabled.  I just installed Joomgallery and was unable to upload images.  I'm using Joomla 3.2, PHP 5.4.21 and Joomgallery 3.1.0.

I installed Joomgallery and created a category successfully.  However, when I attempt to upload images using either Image Upload or FTP Upload I receive the following error:

Catchable fatal error: Argument 3 passed to JclientFtp::getInstance() must be of the type array, null given, called in <mydirectory>/administrator/components/com_joomgallery/helpers/file.php on line 266 and defined in <mydirectory>/libraries/joomla/client/ftp.php  on line 192

I edited file.php at line 266 and changed Argument 3 from null to array() and this appears to have solved the problem, I was able to upload images successfully afterwards using both Image Upload and FTP Upload.

I could not at this point, however, upload images using Batch Upload.  I received an error from Joomgallery:

Error
No file has been uploaded!

I then changed the permissions on the Joomgallery directories (from Configuration Manager / paths) to 0777 and was able to upload images successfully using Batch Upload.

Are the changes I made the correct way to resolve these problems?  I would prefer not to have to change directory permissions to 0777.

I encountered a couple of other permissions problems afterwards that I will report in a separate post.

Thank you for your help, and for a wonderful Joomla extension.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 2922 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal