maternal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22745 Posts in 6703 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

26-01-2020 01:58:01
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.0 JUX - ExtensionsPluginsProblem with JoomPlu 3.1 and JoomBu 3.2
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Problem with JoomPlu 3.1 and JoomBu 3.2  (Read 2486 times)
cbegg50

View Profile
« on: 25-02-2014 11:58:39 »

I'm using Joomla 3.2.2 and JoomGallery 3.1.1 with JoomPlu 3.1 and JoomBu 3.2 to add images to content for users.  Before I started to document it, I tried to upload a new photo into the post (via a category).  Firstly, it only offers drag and drop upload which is very restricted at 2Mb (I've a 16Mp camera, so images are up to 8Mb), but I managed to find a twice edited photo which was down to 1.7Mb.  This uploaded to the category without a problem but when I clicked 'Insert', it inserted a black square and said 'Image with ID NN' missing (NN was 20 in this instance).  I was later able to navigate to the category and insert it from there on the 'Insert Image' tab, rather than the upload tab, but this is a complicated way to have to explain it to the users.

Is it just because its a BETA and still has issues (plainly!).  The other features of JoomGallery and indeed JoomPLu are extremely interesting.  I've turned off User Panel, as mine is a family site (www.thebeggfamily.org), where the idea is to share, not to keep private images on the server, though I can see where that would be useful in other circumstances.

Thanks for a great product, if my issue gets fixed I may well consider donating!!

Regards,
Colin Begg
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 26-02-2014 13:09:58 »

Hi,
...Firstly, it only offers drag and drop upload which is very restricted at 2Mb (I've a 16Mp camera, so images are up to 8Mb), but I managed to find a twice edited photo which was down to 1.7Mb...
you can you set the maximum size of the images here:
Configuration Manager->User Access Rights->User Upload->Max file size of images
BUT: how big can the images is determined in the first line of your server (memory limit, ...).
More Information you find here.

...it inserted a black square and said 'Image with ID NN' missing (NN was 20 in this instance)...
may need to rest your picture still be approved by admin. Look here:
Configuration Manager->User Access Rights->User Upload->Admin approval needed
or your category is protected (access level), then the image is not displayed.

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
cbegg50

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26-02-2014 15:35:42 »

User Upload Max File Size already set to 4000000 bytes (first place I looked).  As to my PHP memory, my provider's Control Panel won't let me in at the moment!  But I've already put a large number entry in a php.ini I added in the root of my (Joomla) server.  its looking like a support call needed.
cbegg50

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26-02-2014 15:38:33 »

Admin approval is not needed.  I'm checking access levels.  My photos and those of my users need to be secured from the General Public (family, including children) but I set most things to 'Registered'.

Just checked my PHP configuration:

Directive   Value
asp_tags   Off
file_uploads      On
include_path      .:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php
max_execution_time   30
max_input_time      60
memory_limit      384M
safe_mode      Off
upload_max_filesize   128M

Looks good go me, back to you!   
« Last Edit: 27-02-2014 14:19:39 by cbegg50 » Logged
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 28-02-2014 13:42:35 »

What image sizes (in px) you have already tried?
At what size comes an error? What is the error message?
Which image processor with what settings?

More Information you find here.
Did you read this post?

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 3587 access attempts in the last 7 days.