Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22745 Posts in 6703 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

20-10-2019 04:01:21
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 2.x ACLBackend / AdministrationHowto make JG generate folders named as categories of photos
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Howto make JG generate folders named as categories of photos  (Read 2071 times)
borro

wish you happiness

View Profile WWW
« on: 17-04-2014 15:59:34 »

Hello

I've tried to upload one photo, which I assigned to some category created before. When I've looked where are thumbs, detailed photos saved I've found that in every folder(thumbs, originals, details) folders with strange name have appeared (e.g. folder called as "___2", having folder "__3" and folder "__4" in it)

How can I make JoomGallery generate logically named subfolders corresponding to category tree of image gallery?

It will ease finding needed image when i'll have a need in it to insert some image in material or assign it to some place in site
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 17-04-2014 16:18:22 »

It will ease finding needed image when i'll have a need in it to insert some image in material or assign it to some place in site
The folder names are formed from the title of the category.
In these folders you should manually copy into nothing.
You may only use the upload features otherwise the entries in the database are not correct!

For insert Pictures e.g. in Content, use the Plugins JoomPlu + JoomBu.

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
borro

wish you happiness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 18-04-2014 08:54:16 »

Thank you
The folder names are formed from the title of the category.
Strange... Here is folder structure genrated by JG:

And here is my categories structure:

That is I don't have neither ___2 nor __3 category in my category tree. All category tree is built on russian language. Is russian language the cause of all this sutuation? One man made this assumption. If so is there any decision for it?
Is it possible to change "___2" and "__3", "__4" to something more human understandable?
Can I assign desired folders structure and names by some way e.g. via ftp upload of folders with images initialy organized(structure+names) at my local computer?
For insert Pictures e.g. in Content, use the Plugins JoomPlu + JoomBu.
What if I need to assign intro and full photoes for every article? What is called as "Intro Image" and "Full article image". I meaning that functionality which you can see at the right side while editing every material in "Images and links" tab. Shall that plugins help me to find needed image for this purpose?
« Last Edit: 19-04-2014 07:51:15 by borro » Logged
borro

wish you happiness

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 19-04-2014 12:22:33 »

The answer on first question is...
1. First of all you need to set "Replacements of special characters" in Configuration Manager > General settings > Replacments
2. If some rules works bad, the reason of it may be that preg_replace function works bad with UTF-8 chars. If so try to change the string:
Code:
$searchstring = '!'.$filenamesearch[$i].'+!i';
in \administrator\components\com_joomgallery\helpers\file.php at 164 row on this one:
Code:
$searchstring = '!'.$filenamesearch[$i].'+!iu';
or this one:
Code:
$searchstring = '!'.$filenamesearch[$i].'+!u';
if you want your folder's name to be lower-case
God bless you!
« Last Edit: 19-04-2014 12:45:29 by borro » Logged
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-04-2014 13:03:03 »

Hi,
Strange... Here is folder structure genrated by JG:

And here is my categories structure:

That is I don't have neither ___2 nor __3 category in my category tree. All category tree is built on russian language. Is russian language the cause of all this sutuation? ...
yes, the Problem is Cyrillic / Russian language.

1. First of all you need to set "Replacements of special characters" in Configuration Manager > General settings > Replacments
As you have already noticed, it is necessary to convert the "cyrillic special characters" in "normal Latin" characters. If no conversion rule exists the special characters removed. This will result in above-mentioned Tab already explained in detail.

At the end of the path, the category ID is still attached so the path is clear in each case.

Can I assign desired folders structure and names by some way e.g. via ftp upload of folders with images initialy organized(structure+names) at my local computer?
The physical folder structure is never seen anywhere. Why do you need this?
The category structure can be changed at any time in Category Manager.

What if I need to assign intro and full photoes for every article? What is called as "Intro Image" and "Full article image". I meaning that functionality which you can see at the right side while editing every material in "Images and links" tab. Shall that plugins help me to find needed image for this purpose?
I don't understand.
With these plugins you can insert one or more images in Joomla Articles.
For pictures outside Articles you can use the JoomImages module.

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 8373 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal