maternal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22744 Posts in 6702 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

19-09-2019 00:51:43
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 2.x ACLBackend / AdministrationUnable to Update Database Upon Delete
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Unable to Update Database Upon Delete  (Read 2524 times)
chepp66

View Profile
« on: 20-11-2014 04:21:38 »

I have been using JoomGallery successfully for about a year.  We have a very large gallery (>26,000 photos), and we are moving the bulk of it to a photo hosting company to reduce our footprint on our shared hosting account.  We plan on leaving a couple thousand on Joomla. 

Once I posted all the photos from a category to the new site, I would delete all the files from that category using the back-end of Joomla.  As of about a week ago, I started receiving errors when I deleted the files.  I did not install anything or update any component, including JoomGallery, in the past month or so.  I have already deleted more than 5,000 photos and dozens of categories in the past couple of months without issues before this past week.  I am not having trouble in any other part of the site. I am able to upload new photos.

When I delete a file through the Joomla back end, the images are removed from the file system but I receive a message "Could not delete data stored in the database of the image with ID " followed by the ID number.  I am also now unable to delete categories once all the photos and database entries within the category are deleted.  I don't receive any message, the screen just refreshes and the deleted category remains.

I tried the optimize tables function.  If I delete the files one by one (which would take a long time with >25,000 photos), I have about a 50-50 chance of the file delete working properly.  If it fails, I have to delete the entry through MySQLAdmin.  I ran the check database utility. It found the errors I already knew about but I am unable to remove those database entries from that screen either.

Joomla: 2.5.27
JoomGallery: 2.1.5
DB Type: MySQL
DB Version: 5.5.32-log
PHP Version: 5.3.13
Web Server: Apache/2
Hosting Company: PowWeb (Huge mistake)
Hosting Type: Shared "Rock Solid Unix Platform" (with frequent outages, but none in the past few weeks)

I'd appreciate any help resolving this since I have so much more work to do.
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 10-12-2014 16:15:33 »

Hi,

... the images are removed from the file system but I receive a message "Could not delete data stored in the database of the image with ID " followed by the ID number. 
does it works if you use the maintenance manager to delete the incorrect database records?

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 13095 access attempts in the last 7 days.