Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22745 Posts in 6703 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

16-10-2019 07:54:27
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMArchiveJoomGallery 2.x ACLMigrationSolved Topics: MigrationMigration from RSGallery2 3.1.0 on Joomla 2.5 to JoomGallery on Joomla 3
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Migration from RSGallery2 3.1.0 on Joomla 2.5 to JoomGallery on Joomla 3  (Read 7760 times)
johnmw

View Profile
« on: 18-12-2014 16:24:24 »

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help. I have to admit up front that although I am IT literate and worked in the industry for over 20 years I am a novice at this kind of hands on stuff these days. So apologies if I ask dumb questions.

I have a couple of community sites using Joomla 2.5 and RSGallery2 3.1.0.

I would like to upgrade the sites to Joomla 3 and migrate all of the galleries and images from RSGallery2 to JoomGallery as part of the process.

I am guessing that the process should be as follows but I am stuck at step 1:

1. On Joomla 2.5 migrate from RSGallery2 V3.10 to JoomGallery 2.1.6.

There are scripts for RSGallery to JoomGallery migration here (http://www.forum.en.joomgallery.net/index.php?topic=1513.0).

I have used the script in the final entry from mirjam in 2010 but it does not appear to work for. For me it migrates the images OK but not the galleries. I just get error messages for the migration of all of the Galleries. I am not sure whether this is because the script is for earlier versions of RSGallery2 and/or JoomGallery.

2. Once I have completed step 1 is there an easy to follow guide on how to migrate from JoomGallery 2.1.6 on Joomla 2.5 to the latest version of JommGallery on Joomla3?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
       John
« Last Edit: 14-03-2015 12:34:03 by johnmw » Logged
johnmw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 18-12-2014 16:34:29 »

Here is a screen dump of the errors I am seeing.
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-12-2014 14:12:14 »

Hi,

There are scripts for RSGallery to JoomGallery migration here (http://www.forum.en.joomgallery.net/index.php?topic=1513.0).

I have used the script in the final entry from mirjam in 2010 but it does not appear to work for. For me it migrates the images OK but not the galleries. I just get error messages for the migration of all of the Galleries. I am not sure whether this is because the script is for earlier versions of RSGallery2 and/or JoomGallery.
1. These script is not made by JoomGallery Team. I don't know these script, but i think this is not compatible with Joomla/JoomGallery 2.5.
Probably would require a developer (Mirjam?) to customize the script to the latest versions.

2. For update from JoomGallery 2.5 to 3.x take look here.

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
johnmw

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-12-2014 14:11:15 »

Thanks. I will try to contact Mirjam through this board and see if he can help.

My guess is that the database structures have probably changed a little since 2010 and probably just a line or two of the script might need tweaking.
mirjam

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22-12-2014 16:13:37 »

1. These script is not made by JoomGallery Team. I don't know these script, but i think this is not compatible with Joomla/JoomGallery 2.5.
Probably would require a developer (Mirjam?) to customize the script to the latest versions.
At the time I was just getting to know MySQL and PHP, so it shouldn't be that hard? Wink I learned more and more trying to figure things out and googling. Key is to track down what causes an error...

I adapted an older script to work for JoomGallery 1.5.5/RSGallery2 2.1.1 (or 2.2.0) on Joomla 1.5. No reason to believe it would not work with RSGallery2 2.3.0 (download at http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/rsgallery2/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=4863).

I deliberately put a lot of comments in the file itself to be able to help others developing this script further. It has info on where imagese are stored for both components (with version numbers). For RSG2 this has not changed in version 3 (latest currently 3.2.0) for Joomla 2.5. For JoomGallery I don't know.

JoomGallery seem to have nested galleries at the time, my comments in the file are not that clear on that part. RSGallery2 just has a table of gallery names, where the nesting is done by keeping track of parent id numbers.

I suppose from the RSG2 side things will work. Question for me is what has changed between JoomGallery version 1.5.5 and the current (Joomla 2.5) version?

From the image that you put in reply #1 in this thread I suspect you need to check the ##__joomgallery_catg table:
- is it still there in the current version (same name?)?
- does it have the exact same fields as mentioned in this INSERT statement?
e.g. INSERT INTO tablename (field1, field2) VALUES (value1, value2)
are field1, field2 (etc.) in the table?

Can you start there? Understand the MySQL INSERT statment (see for example http://www.w3schools.com/php/php_mysql_insert.asp). There is a nice error message saying there is something wrong with the My SQL INSERT query. First find out what is wrong, see what needs to be changed, and take it from there. You can test such queries in phpMyAdmin (or whatever database manager you are using). It might help if you have an installation of JoomGallery 1.5.5 and compare its tables in the database with the tables in the database when the lastest JoomGallery is installed.

Of course: get a backup and setup a testserver (in subsomain, or subdirectory, or with XAMPP on you local computer).

My guess is that the database structures have probably changed a little since 2010 and probably just a line or two of the script might need tweaking.
My guess exactly Smile

Note: I'd love to give pointers, but I cannot/won't spend much time on this: I am now a stay-at-home mom with a little boy, he is more fun than my computer Wink
johnmw

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22-12-2014 16:26:22 »

It is really great that you are offering to help at all. It is really much appreciated.  Thanks. I understand family comes first.

In the last 30 minutes I have just managed to get an offer of help from a website developer who works for a company run by a friend.

I will pass on your latest information to him.

If I manage to get an updated script working I am very happy to upload it here to help others in the future.
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03-01-2015 13:19:13 »

Hi,

If I manage to get an updated script working I am very happy to upload it here to help others in the future.
if someone wants to create a migration script, it might be helpful to look at the available migration scripts, eg 4images or JoomGallery 1.5. I understand that the data should not write directly into the tables, as otherwise necessary entries in the table #_assets are missing.
To modify the available scripts probably is the easiest proceed.

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
johnmw

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03-01-2015 13:44:16 »

OK. Thanks. I have passed details of these scripts on to the developer.

We made some progress then the developer stopped for the Xmas break.

We have two issues still to resolve in the migration script.

1. The use of upper and lower case characters in Gallery (and file?) names in the RSGallery2 galleries we are migrating.

2. The use of accented characters (í,á,ö etc.) in Gallery (and file?) names in the RSGallery2 galleries we are migrating.

Hopefully the developer will restart after the holidays and resolve these issues soon.

Once I have a script that works OK I will post it here.
Borg-Cube

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 14-01-2015 17:10:10 »

Are there any news about the mirgation-script. I need it too ;)
johnmw

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 03-02-2015 12:32:55 »

Sorry. The person that was helping me was doing it as a favour via a friend. Sadly, they are no longer available.

I think I am going to have to start again from scratch. It may take some time as this is not really my area of expertise.

One question I have is whether anyone might be able to estimate a price for someone to develop the script on my behalf to standards agreed with the Joom:Gallery developers so that it becomes a supported script.
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12-03-2015 21:41:09 »

Hi,

here you find a migration script to migrate RSGallery2 to JoomGallery 3.x.

johnmw

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 14-03-2015 12:32:37 »

MrMusic - Many thanks for your help by developing this script.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 9073 access attempts in the last 7 days.