Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22424 Posts in 6631 Topics- by 10178 Members - Latest Member: pjotr4873

23-10-2017 00:43:57
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.x JUXShowcaseHeavily customised JoomGallery - Nightclub Photographer
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Heavily customised JoomGallery - Nightclub Photographer  (Read 12714 times)
toby07801

View Profile
« on: 24-05-2015 02:43:19 »

I've played a lot with JoomGallery and am still very happy with it, it scales nicely and I've been using it for over 3 years now. One of the main sites I've used it on is linked below with over 40,000 images online. I've completely re-styled it and more recently - after a migration from Joomla 2.5 to Joomla 3.4 and after moving from JoomGallery 2.0 to 3.2 - I've also made it behave more or less responsively. The thumbs don't yet scale (not a huge issue for me, might add that later) but at least the rows configure themselves properly for any screen size.

It doesn't look much like the out-of-the-box JoomGallery any more. That said I'm not using every single feature, there is no need for front end upload for example.

The biggest issue for me was the fact that JoomGallery images are accessible under so many different URLs which isn't great for SEO and a real headache for social sharing, so I've added in automatic canonical URLs for each image and category page.

You can look at the gallery here: http://nicophoto.co.uk/gallery/scene

Main changes:
  • Added reliable canonical & social meta tags to each category and detail image
  • Responsive/adaptive implementation of JoomGallery to fit any screen size
  • Overlay display of image titles and infos on thumbs and detail images
  • Custom detail image navigation
  • Uses PhotoSwipe 4+

Let me know what you think...
« Last Edit: 24-05-2015 14:41:34 by toby07801 » Logged
drake2k

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 09-09-2015 08:04:44 »

Let me know what you think...

I think it's pretty #$!@ing amazing!  Well done!  As much as I would love to know some of the tricks you pulled off, I'm afraid most of it would go over my head.  :)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 761 access attempts in the last 7 days.