Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22745 Posts in 6703 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

18-11-2019 08:40:41
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.x JUXInstallation / Update Upgrade from JoomGallery 2.1.x ACL to JoomGallery 3.x JUX
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Upgrade from JoomGallery 2.1.x ACL to JoomGallery 3.x JUX  (Read 10084 times)
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« on: 16-01-2015 10:31:41 »

When migrating from JoomGallery 1.5 MVC to the current JoomGallery was/is still a migration script needed.
This is from the Joomla! 2.5 no longer necessary. This is not a migrate, but (only) an upgrade.

The upgrade JoomGallery 2.x to 3.x runs from very easy and in a few steps.
To upgrade from Joomla! itself, there are already a lot of information on the net, so we do not want to enter into here.

The process in a few words:

1. Make backup - as almost always before any change:-)
2. Upgrading Joomla!
3. Install the latest 3.x JoomGallery
4. Update language files and extensions (modules, plugins, ...) from JoomGallery

We have created for you a video that the entire upgrade process - including Joomla! upgrade - shows.
You can find the video in our channel on YouTube (only in german).

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20-03-2015 21:35:42 »

Here in the appendix you will find a migration script (Beta) for the migration of JoomGallery 2.1 ACL to JoomGallery 3.x JUX.
So you can migrate a JoomGallery 2.1.x to the latest 3.x JoomGallery if the path via the upgrade from Joomla! should fail.

The following limitations should notice:
1. The Joomla!-ACL Permissions that you set for categories or images are not migrated. This means, for all categories and images are the permissions back to "default".
2. The settings in the css manager will not be migrated.
3. Any additional modules and plugins, such as Additional-Fields, marketlink, additional Pop-Up boxes, etc. must be re-installed and configured.

We would like to point out that the recommended way to be the about upgrading (see above) by Joomla! 2.5 to 3.x is.
The migration script should only be used if the upgrade from Joomla! 2.5 to 3.x is not possible.

Here you find a documentation about migration. The principle applies here too.

Edit: In the downloads there is now an official migration script.
« Last Edit: 15-06-2015 15:20:11 by MrMusic » Logged

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
Miek

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-03-2015 00:47:53 »

Hello,

I just tried to use your script but I'm getting this error immediately after starting: 1060 Duplicate column name 'joom_migrated' SQL=ALTER TABLE czyt8_rsgallery2_galleries ADD `joom_migrated` INT(1) NOT NULL default 0 .

So, nothing happens...

Did I do something wrong?

MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-03-2015 19:12:05 »

Hi,

sorry, i have upload a wrong file.
Now you can download the right file.

Miek

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21-03-2015 21:49:36 »

Hi,

Now I get the message right plugin seems not to be installed...??

MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23-03-2015 16:30:16 »

Now I get the message right plugin seems not to be installed...??
When exactly comes this message?
When you install the migration script? during the execution? after execution?
Please put a screenshot or more information...

stuffdone

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 25-06-2015 16:50:25 »

This confuses me.  Sad

Why would the script delete anything from the old site?  It must remain functional until the new site is completed.

These are two separate server spaces and databases.

I need to "clone" the content from the old Joomla 2.5 / gallery to a new install 3x Joomla and gallery.

How do I migrate or copy content from one site to the other without effecting the original site?
d24

IT Spec

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 25-06-2015 21:39:13 »

WOW, migration script is great, thanks for it!

I'm project manager of startup "Dictionaries24.com" - free & online dictionary in 30 languages.
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26-06-2015 14:20:46 »

Hi,

This confuses me.  Sad
why?

If you use the migration script, you can select if the images should "move" or "copy", see screenshot.
If you select "copy" your old installation remains still functional. I tested it many times  Yes

stuffdone

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30-09-2015 17:10:14 »

I installed the script from GitHub but don't see any control panel or any other sign of the extension?

The documentation in this topic is not related to the subject or the script as the documentation is for JoomGallery 1.5 not 2.5

So where is the documentation for the script to migrate from Joomgallery 2.5 to 3x on different databases. (fresh clean install of Joomla 3x on new site)

I had to remove the extension because it was creating a problem setting up catagories under articles, error said something about database fields not found for the 2JUX not found.

JoomGallery seems to be a real pain when you have to upgrade because there seems to be no good tools to move to a new location.
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02-10-2015 13:22:30 »

Although in this and other threads everything has already been said about the migration of JoomGallery 2.1 ACL to 3.x JUX, here again a short summary:

1. Read carefully these instruction and keep yourselves Linked here exactly at the predetermined sequence. These instructions were indeed written for the migration of the 1.5 MVC to 2.1 ACL, but the flow of migration is exactly the same!
Instead of the version numbers 1.5 and 2.0 MVC ACL you can analog 2.1 ACL and 3.x JUX use.

2. The migration script to migrate from 2.1 ACL in a new 3.x JUX, can be found here.

If you have any problems with entering the correct data have in the migration script, hold the mouse over the respective field name, then a detailed description also appears.
Enclosed still a screenshot where sample values are entered.
We are confident that you will succeed the migration, if you abide by the instructions.

Should you still have problems, please open a new thread in the forum.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 5049 access attempts in the last 7 days.