Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22750 Posts in 6706 Topics- by 17591 Members - Latest Member: permsk

28-05-2020 20:02:43
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.0 JUX - ExtensionsModulesJoom Category Module: Only Want Parent Category to Display
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Joom Category Module: Only Want Parent Category to Display  (Read 5098 times)
toad78

View Profile
« on: 19-01-2015 21:37:32 »

I'm having trouble getting the JoomCategories module to only display the Parent Category and it's thumb to display. Instead, it displays the thumbnails of the child categories, which is not what I want.

Example:

Performance (parent)
 - Action
 - Lure

Fun (parent)
 - Party
 - Just For Fun

I want just the parent categories (Performance and Fun) and it's thumb to display. Right now the module displays Action, Lure, Party, and Just For Fun. How do I fix this?
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 20-01-2015 16:43:11 »

Hi,

there is not a simple solution. You must enter the category ids in "category filter" that not should be displayed.

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
toad78

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-01-2015 04:23:58 »

Would there be the option in the future release to have just the parent/subs showing?

Plus, how to do I remove the label 'Category:'. I can't find the value in the Language Override.

To add: when I do enter the category IDs to filter (the sub categories under the parent), I get the error message: No categories found.

My ideal is that I want just the parent category to display (Performance and Fun), but that doesn't seem to be working.
« Last Edit: 21-01-2015 04:29:59 by toad78 » Logged
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21-01-2015 10:59:04 »

Would there be the option in the future release to have just the parent/subs showing?
I don't know.

Plus, how to do I remove the label 'Category:'. I can't find the value in the Language Override.
You don't need an override. There is an option in the module: Tab Parameters to configure the view->Show short texts  Smile

To add: when I do enter the category IDs to filter (the sub categories under the parent), I get the error message: No categories found.
Did you insert the ids that not be should displayed? eg: 4, 13, 28 ?
It works fine for me.

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
toad78

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21-01-2015 17:50:24 »

You don't need an override. There is an option in the module: Tab Parameters to configure the view->Show short texts  Smile
If you see by my screenshot (short-texts.png) you will see that I have "Show short texts" set to 'No' and yet I still see the label 'Category:' on the front end (category.png)

Did you insert the ids that not be should displayed? eg: 4, 13, 28 ?
It works fine for me.

If you look at screenshot parent-item.png, you will see what parent categories I want only to display. If I type in all of the other category IDs to NOT display (Action Shots, Lure Coursing..., Halloween..., Just For fun) then NO categories display and I receive the message that there are NO categories to display.

MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23-01-2015 12:35:11 »

If you see by my screenshot (short-texts.png) you will see that I have "Show short texts" set to 'No' and yet I still see the label 'Category:' on the front end (category.png)
If you wish to have it without the Text "Category:" you have to set "Show short texts" to "Yes" ...

... If I type in all of the other category IDs to NOT display (Action Shots, Lure Coursing..., Halloween..., Just For fun) then NO categories display and I receive the message that there are NO categories to display.
Is in this category at all a image?
Possibly this categories are not displayed because they are invisible, or access level is not set correct.

toad78

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 23-01-2015 19:15:16 »

"Category:" label issue: Excellent! Fixed

As for the parent category image:
As indicated in the previous screenshot, the parent category has an image associated with it. That's all I want is the parent category and it's image to display, not the subcategories and their images.
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26-01-2015 15:02:56 »

Is in this category at all a image?
Possibly this categories are not displayed because they are invisible, or access level is not set correct.
I can not say it differently: if in the category is a publicly visible image, this is indicated in the module.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 2901 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal