maternal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22745 Posts in 6703 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

16-10-2019 07:53:53
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.x JUXInstallation / UpdateHow to Migrate (not update) from J25 to J336
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: How to Migrate (not update) from J25 to J336  (Read 3820 times)
tabletguy

View Profile
« on: 03-03-2015 11:34:00 »

I need to do a full migration (move each component, etc.) not an upgrade in place.

I have most items done. I moved the J2.5.28 tables (from JoomGallery 2.1.6) into new database. Installed JoomGallery 3.2, then ran the update tables script given in the "Migration Woes" http://www.forum.en.joomgallery.net/index.php?topic=6929.0 topic.

At this point, it almost works. Using a manual link to the component (/administrator/index.php?option=com_joomgallery, I can run the admin page. Some problems exist:
1) The component is not in the menu. Discover does not find anything new to install.
2) Clicking "Check Now" in maintenance tab throws errors:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1 SQL=INSERT INTO utfl_joomgallery_orphans

I've read many posts, tried to watch video, etc. but most items are about upgrading in place and then installing new version. What is the correct series of steps to get a complete migration from Joomla 2.5.28 to Joomla 3.3.6 (not upgrading to J 3.4 until everything is working!)

The above (manually moving tables, installing, running alter table script, then running component are the closest I've gotten to getting something working, but it's not really working.

**update**
System info
MySql 5.6.17
Php 5.5.12
Running on WAMP (localhost), have Admin Tools .htaccess in place (working with everything else)
Joomla 3.3.6

MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 13-03-2015 15:31:28 »

Hi,

...I moved the J2.5.28 tables (from JoomGallery 2.1.6) into new database. ...
thats not the right way.
Look here: http://www.forum.en.joomgallery.net/index.php?topic=7160.msg22279#msg22279

Edit: For a complete migration from another Joomla-Installation a migration-script is needed. Currently there is none.

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
tabletguy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13-03-2015 16:33:16 »

I already have it working now, thanks. I uninstalled everything and removed all tables. Then I inserted the tables from the J2.5 version and did an install of the J33 version, which automatically updated things.

I fixed up any missing assets with the ACL component, so I guess I was lucky.

I did have a separate problem with some components not updating, but I found that increasing the max_input_vars from 1000 to 2000 in the php.ini file seemed to fix the update problem.

Code:
max_input_vars=2000
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20-03-2015 21:37:44 »

Here you will find a migration script: http://www.forum.en.joomgallery.net/index.php?topic=7130.0

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
tabletguy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21-03-2015 05:33:35 »

When reading that post, I noticed three things:

a)It's still marked as beta (not a big issue, but seems like it's not getting any attention when marked that way
b)There's only been 1 download -- so not a lot of testing
c)It didn't work for the 1 person who downloaded, and no one responded to help him (on the forum at least)

The documentation link goes to 1.5 to 2.x instructions. Some updating of that document might be useful.

Documenting what the script does would be useful to me, since I already have a working upgrade. I could use the documentation, if it was comprehensive, as a checklist to see if I've correctly updated everything. For example, I've had problems with duplicate assets in one other component (not JDownloads). That only affected updating the component, however, so it was difficult to find that. I basically had to uninstall, clean the database and reinstall and set up that component from scratch, which took several hours.

Thanks for your time in responding to date. It's appreciated.
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23-03-2015 16:27:14 »

Hi,

a)It's still marked as beta (not a big issue, but seems like it's not getting any attention when marked that way
b)There's only been 1 download -- so not a lot of testing
c)It didn't work for the 1 person who downloaded, and no one responded to help him (on the forum at least)
well, i have the script published in the evening at 09:35 PM.
After only a few hours you can not expect that many people make a response.  Rolleyes
Nothing will come as long as no further change to "beta" feedback.  Sad

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 9072 access attempts in the last 7 days.