maternal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22747 Posts in 6705 Topics- by 17591 Members - Latest Member: permsk

25-02-2020 22:24:08
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.0 JUX - ExtensionsModulesSolved Topics: Modules[Solved] JoomImages 3.2 update/install error AND version issue
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [Solved] JoomImages 3.2 update/install error AND version issue  (Read 3224 times)
Buddy

View Profile
« on: 13-05-2015 08:50:39 »

Hi,

I just updated to JoomGallery 3.2.1 - I could NOT use Joomla (3.4.1) Extension Update as it reported:

Error

Invalid extension update
Notice

Before updating ensure that the update is compatible with your Joomla! installation.

I was however successful using Autoupdate from within JoomGallery.  JoomGallery STILL displays its version as 3.2.0, while showing the correct version in both the JoomGallery Extension Sidebar and under Joomla Extensions Manage - seems it has ALWAYS done this. I have emptied the cache for Joomla and my browser.

Now, I see there is and update available for JoomImages from 3.0 to 3.2 - so I try Autoupdate. Error reported missing file "index.html" from within

administrator/components/com_joomgallery/temp/update/JoomGallery-JoomImages-f40e45a/media

I downloaded the "update zip" offered in the JoomGallery Extension Sidebar, I opened it and copied one of the other "index.html" files into the "media" directory mentioned, re-zipped it and installed it from Joomlas Extension Install and it installed as expected NO errors!!  

However...

Both Joomla Extension Manager AND JoomGallery Extension Sidebar report that the JoomImages Extention is only version 3.0.

I uninstalled the JoomImages extension and then reinstalled from the zip I'd created previously; NO errors just like before!! BUT, it is still reporting as version 3.0 and I'm being offered updates by both Joomla Extension Update AND JoomGallery Extension Sidebar.

So the update is missing the index.html file AND it would appear that it is only version 3.0 not 3.2?

Hope this helps you get this sorted out, thanks for all your good work.

--
Regards
Buddy
« Last Edit: 14-05-2015 06:52:06 by Buddy » Logged
Chraneco
Developer-Team

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 13-05-2015 21:28:43 »

Hi,

there seem to be some incompatibilities between the Joomla! updater and the JoomGallery updater, but the problem with JoomImages should be fixed with the new version today.

Please update it again through the JoomGallery Extension Sidebar and then it should display the latest version.

Regards
Chraneco
Buddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14-05-2015 06:51:09 »

Hi Chraneco,

I have updated successfully through the JoomGallery Extention Sidebar.

Thank you for your assistance.

--
Regards
Buddy
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 2823 access attempts in the last 7 days.