maternal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22745 Posts in 6703 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

26-01-2020 01:59:24
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.0 JUX - ExtensionsPlugins[prettyphoto] : Image stretched
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [prettyphoto] : Image stretched  (Read 5732 times)
guzabi

View Profile
« on: 17-07-2015 12:32:42 »

Hi there,

I don't know exactly where I should ask this question. Please bear with me and recirect me to the right place if it is not here… Thanks Smile

So, I'm using Joomgallery and the prettyphoto plugin to display images in my client's website. I've hacked a little in CSS and just a little bit in code to suppress some functions, but I promise, it's nothing really big ! It's working fine, only I have two problems, one big, one small :

1. Big problem : some images are stretched and distorted at some window sizes.
EXAMPLE : This page --> http://www.pierrepetry.be/atelier
Click on first photo (white sculpture on wooden terrace) : at some window sizes, pic is streched vertically (tried and true at windows size 1360x360px)
Strange, uh? It works most of the time, not all the time. Can't figure out why.

2. Small but annoying problem : waiting time before display is loooooooong. Aren't the images cached? Is there some processing time on the server? Sometimes it's really annoying. All optimizations are turned on on the website, but delays keep being quite long. Is there something I can do?

Thanks all for your help!
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 17-07-2015 14:43:21 »

Hi,

1. Big problem : some images are stretched and distorted at some window sizes.
EXAMPLE : This page --> http://www.pierrepetry.be/atelier
Click on first photo (white sculpture on wooden terrace) : at some window sizes, pic is streched vertically (tried and true at windows size 1360x360px)
Strange, uh? It works most of the time, not all the time. Can't figure out why.
at the moment the picture looks fine, no stretched or distored. Do you use a desktop computer or a mobile phone/tablet?

2. Small but annoying problem : waiting time before display is loooooooong. Aren't the images cached? Is there some processing time on the server? Sometimes it's really annoying. All optimizations are turned on on the website, but delays keep being quite long. Is there something I can do?
Your original images that are displayed in the prettyphoto-box are very large (greater than 2000px). These must dynamically reduced to browser size.
To reduce the loading time you should reduce your original images size before uploading.

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
guzabi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17-07-2015 15:16:03 »

Thanks MrMusic!

1. I only use computers (a Mac laptop, a PC laptop and a PC desktop), not tablets. Images look fine most of the times. It's only on particular window sizes. Please try the image I indicated (first image, top left of this page : http://www.pierrepetry.be/atelier ) and try setting your window to a size of 1360x360 px or so (using the developer tools for Chrome or similar features can help you do that). This distorts the pic on every platform I use. The algorithm simply seems disoriented by that particular windows size/ratio…

2. Good catch, thanks, I'll tell the client he just needs to upload smaller pictures, after all it's only for the web! I could be interesting to pre-calculate and cache image proxys, though, so the program could use a precalculated, smaller image in order to calculate small images if needed… just a thought Wink
guzabi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17-07-2015 15:20:03 »

ok, I took 2 screenshots : first one is normal, 2nd is distorted (the window is only slihgtly less high on the second screenshot…)
Any idea why this is happening?

1. Not distorted

2. Distorted
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20-07-2015 16:09:14 »

2. Good catch, thanks, I'll tell the client he just needs to upload smaller pictures, after all it's only for the web! I could be interesting to pre-calculate and cache image proxys, though, so the program could use a precalculated, smaller image in order to calculate small images if needed… just a thought Wink
you can also leave the detail image instead of the original image in the Pop-Up box.
Set in Configuration Manager Category View->General Settings->Popup box original image to No.

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
guzabi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 20-07-2015 19:28:21 »

Thanks for the tip about original image. It seems that my server is not very responsive, as the option decreases the time but not drastically. My server is still slow answering the request. Never mind. It will do.

No clue about the distortion?

Thanks in advance!
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22-07-2015 13:47:54 »

I tested it with Firefox and IE11. chrome I have not.
for me sees the display at 1360x360 is not distorted, see screenshots.

...at some window sizes, pic is streched vertically (tried and true at windows size 1360x360px)...
1360x360px is also a very unusual resolution. I think your screenshot is not with 1360x360px.

guzabi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22-07-2015 20:31:50 »

Arf. Seems you tested within the 5-minutes timeframe when I did set Popup Box Original Image to No (seems the image is not filling the screen). Is it possible? What I know is that I have to really search for the right window size before finding one that has the error. Strange, strange, strange. Anyway, if you could keep on trying, I would be infintely grateful (and so would my client Wink ). If I can help you squash this, please tell me what I can do and I will do. Thanks in advance...
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 3587 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal