Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22748 Posts in 6706 Topics- by 17591 Members - Latest Member: permsk

04-04-2020 17:14:25
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.x JUXUploadsGiving Registered Users Access to Upload
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Giving Registered Users Access to Upload  (Read 6460 times)
gregloucks

View Profile
« on: 21-09-2015 11:19:59 »

Hello, right now my church website allows super users to upload photos me nor my pastor want to make people who are able to upload photos super users, but we want to give registered users the ability to upload photos. We already have the photos set up to be admin approved before posted. So how do I decrease the access level to registered users as opposed to super users having access to upload photos? This is a critical thing I need answered ASAP! I want to give all registered users the ability to upload photos.

Thanks,
Greg
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 22-09-2015 12:53:54 »

Hi,

you need to assign the necessary upload permissions for the user group "Registered". This can do global for all JoomGallery categories by click on 'Options' in JomGallery Control Panel and set the settings in the tab "permissions".
In addition, in the tab "User Access Rights" of the JoomGallery Configuration Manager you must enable the upload.

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
gregloucks

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-10-2015 08:45:52 »

There is no such options by those exact names within Joom Gallery.

Greg
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22-10-2015 13:35:58 »

Here the two screenshots shows everything:

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
IEdwards

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 22-02-2016 17:35:40 »

Did this work for anybody? I'm seeing this problem and have checked the settings, upload button not appearing when user had permission to "upload in own", users gallery already exists.

Ian

Using JoomGallery on ...
Creativity Backgrounds
Artist Papers
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 23-02-2016 13:12:15 »

Hi,

... upload button not appearing when user had permission to "upload in own", users gallery already exists...
do you mean in 'User Panel' is no Upload-Button? or in category view?

IEdwards

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 26-02-2016 10:06:58 »

Thanks for the reply MrMusic, I was refering to the upload button in the user panel.

After some considerable investigation the cause of the problem in my case was corruption in the assets table of Joomla (my own fault). This is a system table that holds details of every object in Joomla (article, category, component, menu etc) including JoomGalley categories and images. My assets table got screwed up when I migrated my site (and JoomGallery) from joomla 1.5 to Joomla 3 - In the original site I was using the joomcat plugin to create a category for every user, but this very quickly gave me several thousand empty categories. In attempting to delete these by manually deleting folders and entries in the Joomgallery tables I neglected the assets table and this is how things got in a mess.

In particular the 'name' field in the assets table contains a reference to the joomgallery category which should be the same category that the asset_id refers to.

Also in some cases the properties of the gallery were correct but images couldn't be edited by the gallery owner. I got round this by using the batch command in the Joomgallery admin interface to copy the images out to an unpublished temporary category and back again.

WARNING: the assets table contains references to every object in Joomla, you can't access it through the Joomla admin interface. If you don't know SQL leave well alone! If you do tamper with it make sure you have a backup. I post this note as a pointer to others who otherwise have the skills to rectify the situation and take no responsibility for any problems you might get yourself into!

Good luck,

Ian
« Last Edit: 26-02-2016 10:15:16 by IEdwards » Logged

Using JoomGallery on ...
Creativity Backgrounds
Artist Papers
MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01-03-2016 15:56:11 »

Thank you for your detailed feedback.  Smile
Yes, the problem with the asset-table can occurs when attempting a 'manual migration' from an installation to another. This in turn leads to authorization problems because the entries do not match in the asset table.
It does also not matter if there are different versions or not!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 2013 access attempts in the last 7 days.