maternal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22744 Posts in 6702 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

22-09-2019 08:52:34
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.x JUXUploadsJoomla 3.5.1 - broken e-mail notifications.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Joomla 3.5.1 - broken e-mail notifications.  (Read 1647 times)
arj

View Profile
« on: 21-04-2016 22:01:17 »

Perhaps a bit premature, but I upgraded recently to Joomla 3.5.1 and php7. It went all well, except that Joomgallery now crashes when sending e-mail notifications. I tracked it to messenger.php where we call on line 457, after calling this line it crashes. JFactory Getmailer returns input correctly as far as I can tell and from there it just crashes. All parameters passed seem to be corect. I do not get any error displayed:

if(JFactory::getMailer()->sendMail($from, $fromname, null, $this->_subject,  $this->_text, false, null, $recipients) !== true)
    { 
      return false;
    }

Anyone can confirm this is an issue with Joomla 3.5.1 or can help me figuring out whats happening? For now i just simply hat do disable messaging after upload.
arj

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 21-04-2016 23:38:36 »

Ok, must an advice in case someone will encounter the same problem - the issue here is the Joomla Mailer, which will create problems if you use no e-mail encryption. They changed the mail component in such way, that it will attempt to switch to TLS or SSL if the mail server is capable to. In that case, your Joomla configuration might not be correct - in my case the port and host would differ for SSL comunication. So the mails would not go out. I suggest you wait to Joomla 3.5.2 before upgrading and hope that they will fix the e-mail bugs.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 11941 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal