maternal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22744 Posts in 6702 Topics- by 17593 Members - Latest Member: permsk

16-09-2019 15:07:00
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.x JUXInteraction with other componentsJoomGallery issue with Dynamic404
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: JoomGallery issue with Dynamic404  (Read 1482 times)
yireo

View Profile
« on: 26-10-2016 18:43:53 »

I have been asked by a customer to see why JoomGallery is not working with Dynamic404. He pointed me to the following guide you have put up there:
http://www.en.joomgallery.net/faq/general-faq/detail-original-images-arent-displayed.html

It seems the list of extensions not working with JoomGallery is rather long and it is interesting to see why this is also the case with Dynamic404. You seemed to point out that a bugfix is needed in the other extensions. I tracked the actual bug in our Dynamic404 plugin and the "problem" is that it is loading the JDocument class in its constructor: $this->doc = JFactory::getDocument(); To me, this is completely valid Joomla code and recommended by the core itself. Why do you think this does not work?

Also, I can see that images are loaded when the URL is appended with &format=raw, in other words the regular way of finding the right Joomla view (view.raw.php) is by using the URL variable format. Why is this not supported in your component? Because if fetching the JDocument instance in third party extensions causes those extensions to stop working in your component, the easiest way would be to set the $this->app->input->set('format', 'raw') right in your controller based on whatever your logic you need. And it would not break third party extensions. Plus it would be written completely following Joomla standards.
« Last Edit: 13-12-2016 19:06:23 by yireo » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 10932 access attempts in the last 7 days.