Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22586 Posts in 6658 Topics- by 10450 Members - Latest Member: eqvanet

27-05-2018 13:43:39
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.x JUXFrontendCustom template to create responsive columns
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Custom template to create responsive columns  (Read 731 times)
kjones

View Profile
« on: 06-10-2017 01:22:05 »

Hi,

I am trying to create a a responsive category view, so that the thumbnails dynamically change size and move to the next line when the browser is reduced etc.

I have searched for ages and found a gallery that behaves exactly as i want, it is the second gallery on the page at http://ordasvit.com/os-responsive-image-gallery/.   The demo version works well.

is there a way i can integrate this into a custom view for joomgallery, or something similar?

Cheers
Keith
Erftralle

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 06-10-2017 11:14:34 »

Hi,

have you already tried out BootOne?

Regards
Erftralle
kjones

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-10-2017 21:08:48 »

Hi,

Yes i have tried BootOne, but unfortunately could not achieve the same effect.

Here is the Joomgallery with bootone: https://www.cityarchitectural.co.uk/portfolio/joomgallery.

You will see that when the screen is reduced in width the four columns change to three but it moves one to the next line and pushes the next four down.  The images all remain the same size.

OS gallery on the other hand resizes the images and correctly reduces the column number.

Here is the OS gallery i am trying to replicate with joomgallery  - https://www.cityarchitectural.co.uk/portfolio/gallery1.

Cheers
Keith

Erftralle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07-10-2017 11:13:10 »

Hi,

on the site showing the Joomgallery with BootOne there is still the joomgallery.css file loaded which should be the bootone.css file instead.

Did you proceed like described in the How to use section?

Edit: My fault! Bootone.css file is loaded in addition to joomgallery.css and it seems to be correct on your site.

If I use BootOne with the Protostar template and four columns it behaves a little bit different. First the thumbnail and column size is reduced and later the column number switches from four to one.

Edit: The reason why it's behaving different on your site is the CSS rule
Code
.span3 {
 width: 185px !important;
}

in the file CityArchCSS.css. You have to disable this rule.

You will not achieve exactly the same effect with BootOne as shown on your site with the OS gallery.

Regards
Erftralle
« Last Edit: 08-10-2017 11:29:39 by Erftralle » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 613 access attempts in the last 7 days.