Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22730 Posts in 6696 Topics- by 17594 Members - Latest Member: permsk

27-06-2019 11:31:13
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.x JUXInstallation / UpdateMotionGallery broken after migrating from Joomla 2.5 to 3X
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: MotionGallery broken after migrating from Joomla 2.5 to 3X  (Read 470 times)
millard

View Profile WWW
« on: 02-01-2019 07:55:01 »

Finally migrated my two websites from 2.5 to 3.9 (feared losing thousands of descriptions).  After migrating, one site shows the Motion bar, but it is static.  On site two, the motion bar is completely missing, though the empty space is still there.  MotionGallery is vital to these photography sites.  Looking for a fix to get MotionGallery up and working again.

Versions installed: Joomla 3.9.1  and JoomGallery Version 3.3.4

Examples of these two problems can be seen at:

http://www.firetruckworld.com/fire-engines/fire-apparatus-1910-to-1919/1911-american-lafrance-type-5-double-tank-combo-3572    
http://www.earthlyphotos.com/wildlife/wild-animals/snow-leopard
« Last Edit: 19-01-2019 17:48:01 by millard » Logged

MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 03-01-2019 10:30:15 »

Hi,

there are Javascript errors on both sides. That's probably why the Motiongallery is not loaded properly.
Are all other extensions up-to-date and suitable for Joomla! 3.9?
In order to limit the errors, you should activate the protostar template as a test and disable other extensions such as the menu modules.

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
millard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 03-01-2019 18:02:25 »

MrM, thanks for your reply.  Joomla says all my extensions and plugins are up to date.  I went into Protostar, as suggested, but have no idea as to what to do using it, or how to disable extensions within it.  I can do that with my actual site, but cannot find those options in Protostar.  I googled tutorials for that, but nothing appeared sowing how to do that.  Should I try disabling my extensions one by one in my actual site?

MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-01-2019 14:45:36 »

Troubleshooting on earthlyphotos.com:
On the website there is an outdated 'Template override' of the detail view of the JoomGallery.
This will not load the original detail view of JoomGallery but a modified one. Presumably, the override was taken over by the old side during the migration and now causes this error.
Generally, you should remove the overrides after a Migration or rebuild based on the current JoomGallery template files.

Troubleshooting on firetruckworld.com:
There is a Javascript conflict with the menu module "Maximenu CK". If you deactivate the option "Use fancy effect" in the module settings, the javascript error will no longer occur.

From now on there is the support for the JoomGallery here: forum.en.joomgalleryfriends.net
panele123

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 13-01-2019 19:04:47 »

A good information post

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 4702 access attempts in the last 7 days.

maternal