imagematernal
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Advanced search

22728 Posts in 6695 Topics- by 17594 Members - Latest Member: permsk

24-05-2019 22:18:38
JOOM::GALLERY::FORUMJoomGallery 3.x JUXBackend / AdministrationCategory permissions issues.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Category permissions issues.  (Read 187 times)
edjec

View Profile
« on: 14-01-2019 02:56:09 »

JoomGallery v3.3.4, J3.9.1

I have a situation where existing users can’t upload into their category or edit images.  In their User panel, the category field is disabled and set to root.  When an upload is attempted, an error is thrown stating “You are not allowed to upload into this category”.  I assume this error is thrown because users do not have permission to upload into the parent category – which is correct.  JG permissions are set to the following in the _assets table:

"joom.upload":{},
"joom.upload.inown":{"2":1,"13":1,"10":1,"11":1},
"core.create":{},
"joom.create.inown":{"2":1,"13":1,"10":1,"11":1},
"core.delete":{},
"core.edit":{},
"core.edit.state":{},
"core.edit.own":{"2":1,"13":1,"10":1,"11":1}}

2, 10, 11 and 13 are the proper Joomla user groups and 1 indicates access permission.

However, in checking each individual JG category permissions under the ‘Category Rules’ tab, everything is set to ‘Not Allowed’ in all groups except SU.  If I manually set to proper permissions, then the front-end works correctly for that category owner, but no one else.

If I create a new category, then all permissions are correctly set and the category owner can upload and edit properly.  I’ve scoured the db tables and have not been able to locate a joomgallery_table that has settings for category permissisons, so I assume JG is reading these from Joomla assets settings.

Running all maintenance routines show no errors.

To sumarize: all existing categories cannot be edited or images uploaded, but new categories function properly.  It seems as though the existing categories are not reading the permissions table, but when a new category is created the table is read. 

Is there a way to globally reset the existing category permissions or must each and every category be manually edited and saved?  I hope the former because there are over 4,000 categories.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

MrMusic
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 14-01-2019 12:43:38 »

Hi,

yes, the JoomGallery uses the authorization concept of Joomla!

Before making any changes now, you should find the cause of this problem:
- Had it worked properly in the past?
- What has been changed so that this problem has arisen?
   - Were there any changes in the Joomla user groups (deleted / moved / new groups)?
     In a standard installation, the user groups in Joomla only go up to id=9. Are the new groups 10-13 below the group "Registered"?

Is there a backup from a time when the problem did not exist?

Then you can check the following:
- Are there parent categories that have other permissions?

What are the permissions for each JoomGallery category in the asset table?
- For a category where the problem occurs
- For a new categories

Regards
MrMusic
Is your Problem solved? Please mark it as solved
Demo-Shop for JoomGallery Images
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

HOSTED BY SCHWARZKÜNSTLER ®

PROTECTED BY  ZB BLOCK  AND Project Honey Pot
Theme orange-lt created by panic

Bad Behavior has blocked 6650 access attempts in the last 7 days.